2014 Rhode Island Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 RI Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Jack Reed (7) Democratic Sr Senator Rhode Island
- Mark Zaccaria (4) Democratic Senate Challenger Rhode Island
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Rhode Island Senate debates:
- The Warwick Beacon, "A 'Fungtastic' Republican Convention", by Kelcy Dolan, 7/3/2014
- Associated Press on ABC-6, "Ex-Rhode Island GOP chair to run against Reed", 6/25/2014
- Providence Journal, "Zaccaria takes on U.S. Sen. Reed", by Katherine Gregg, 6/24/2014
- R.I.NPR 91.5 FM coverage of filibuster reform, November 21, 2013
- CBS "Face the Nation" interview of Jack Reed, Aug. 25, 2013
- Meet the Press interview of Jack Reed, Aug. 18, 2013
- ABC "This Week" interviews of Jack Reed, Jan. 13 & May 12, 2013
- CNN "State of the Union" interview of Sen. Reed, Feb. 10 & Feb. 17, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Mark Zaccaria: Senate bank regulators are too cozy with regulated banks.
Jack Reed: Postpone sequestration; then balanced taxes & cuts.
Mark Zaccaria: American colors don't run, but they have been fading.
Jack Reed: Suspend aid to Egypt while military crushes protestors.
Jack Reed: Nuclear option: Allow confirmation of Obama's appointees.
Jack Reed: No Benghazi cover-up; had 11 hearings & 25,000 documents.
Mark Zaccaria: Accepted 20 weeks of unemployment, but opposes extending it.
Principles & Values|
Mark Zaccaria: Former chair of state GOP; former Town Council member.
War & Peace|
Jack Reed: Coalition to stop Syrian WMDs, but nothing more militarily.
Jack Reed: Red line in Syria if chemical weapons used against people.
Jack Reed: More pressure on Iran; keep all options on the table.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Jack Reed Democratic Sr Senator Rhode Island
- Mark Zaccaria Democratic Senate Challenger Rhode Island
The above quotations are from 2014 Rhode Island Senate debates.
- Outsider in the House, by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I, VT)
- The Little Plaid Book, by Sen. Lamar Alexander (R, TN)
- Cowboy in Caracas, by Senate nominee Charlie Hardy (D, WY)
- The New Black Politician: Cory Booker, Newark, and Post-Racial America (D, NJ)
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- A Tribute to 101 Incredible Women, by Senate candidate Joyce Dickerson (D, SC)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)