2014 Wyoming Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 WY Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Charlie Hardy (26) Democratic Senate Challenger Wyoming
- Liz Cheney (14) Republican Challenger Wyoming
- Michael Enzi (4) Republican Sr Senator Wyoming
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Wyoming Senate debates:
- AARP Voter Guide (on Charlie Hardy), Aug. 31, 2014
- DemocracyForAmerica.com, "Interview and endorsement: Charlie Hardy", 2014-08-19
- Casper Star-Tribune, "U.S. Senate candidates debate health care, immigration", by Trevor Graff, August 14, 2014
- Huffington Post, "Liz Cheney's Bold Climate Change Plan: Do 'Nothing'," by Amanda Terkel, July 14, 2014
- Casper Star-Tribune, Senate Democratic candidate criticizes Enzi's 'penny plan'", July 09, 2014
- Wall Street Journal, "The Collapsing Obama Doctrine," by Dick Cheney & Liz Cheney, 6/17/2014
- Democracy For America, Charlie Hardy Endorsement Application, 5/2/2014
- Billings Gazette, "Charlie Hardy says he's a serious candidate", by Joan Barron, February 5, 2014
- The Republic (Columbus, Indiana), "Hardy gets behind minimum-wage boost", Associated Press' Mead Gruver, Feb. 4, 2014
- Mother Jones magazine, "Liz Cheney's 1988 Op-Ed on Anti-Apartheid Protestors", Dec. 10, 2013
- American Thinker magazine, interview of Liz Cheney, December 7, 2013
- Time Magazine interview with Liz Cheney, 11/21/2013
- Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace: AdWatch and Q&A with Liz Cheney, 11/17/2013
- PolitiFact Fact-checking on Oct. 27 & Oct. 30, 2013
- Casper Star-Tribune, "Cheyenne native to run for Congress as independent", March 30, 2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Charlie Hardy: Men need to shut up about abortion.
Michael Enzi: 100% rating from the National Right to Life Committee.
Budget & Economy|
Charlie Hardy: Cut wasteful spending but increase other spending.
Michael Enzi: Penny plan: cut spending 1% a year; balanced budget by 2017.
Liz Cheney: Fighting Smart: focus on getting results to roll back feds.
Charlie Hardy: Supports same-sex marriage and all sexual identities.
Charlie Hardy: Reform the injustice of the criminal justice system.
Charlie Hardy: Legalize marijuana.
Charlie Hardy: Substitute teacher in high schools to maintain youth contact.
Charlie Hardy: Invest in environmentally-responsible infrastructure.
Families & Children|
Charlie Hardy: Many parents worry about not providing for their children.
Charlie Hardy: Goal of foreign policy should be to make friends.
Charlie Hardy: Served as Catholic missionary in South America.
Liz Cheney: 1988: Nobody listens to divestment protests on apartheid.
Liz Cheney: 1988: Help South African blacks, but not by empty protests.
Liz Cheney: Isolationism is a mistake; ignoring threats is dangerous.
Charlie Hardy: Don't arm felons nor teachers, but all others ok.
Charlie Hardy: I am in favor of single-payer health insurance.
Charlie Hardy: Health care is an inalienable right.
Charlie Hardy: ObamaCare is a step in the right direction.
Charlie Hardy: There are sick people unable to get medical attention.
Liz Cheney: Can't salvage any of ObamaCare, but costs are out of control.
Charlie Hardy: Establish "peace bases" with a smaller military.
Liz Cheney: Radical Islamic terrorism threat grows if we do nothing.
Liz Cheney: Obama doesn't believe in American exceptionalism; I do.
Liz Cheney: Balance liberty & security, but don't shut down NSA spying.
Michael Enzi: Abandon comprehensive reform; focus on guest workers.
Charlie Hardy: Current deportation policy wastes money & does no real good.
Charlie Hardy: Raise the minimum wage.
Charlie Hardy: Raising the minimum wage reduces need for welfare.
Principles & Values|
Charlie Hardy: Served as priest in South America for 25 years.
Charlie Hardy: Run with Charlie: challenges Enzi to debate & road race.
Charlie Hardy: Take to DC the Wyoming tradition of cooperation & compassion.
Charlie Hardy: Finished 10K road race in 28,580th place.
Liz Cheney: Next election decides social democracy vs. fighting back.
Liz Cheney: NRSC, Enzi, & "Old Guard" are 100% for incumbent-protection.
Liz Cheney: Carpetbagger from D.C.? No, experienced at cutting agencies.
Liz Cheney: It's time for a new generation of people willing to lead.
Michael Enzi: FactCheck: Gets higher percent from PACs than any Senator.
Charlie Hardy: Invest in public transit.
War & Peace|
Liz Cheney: Iran & North Korea understand nothing but power & strength.
Liz Cheney: Liberate nations that have been havens for terror.
Welfare & Poverty|
Charlie Hardy: Minimum wage increase will help lift people out of poverty.
Charlie Hardy: 30,000 children in Wyoming won't eat three meals today.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Charlie Hardy Democratic Senate Challenger Wyoming
- Liz Cheney Republican Challenger Wyoming
- Michael Enzi Republican Sr Senator Wyoming
The above quotations are from 2014 Wyoming Senate debates.
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)