Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 California Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 CA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Antonio Villaraigosa (5) California Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Delaine Eastin (2)
- Gavin Newsom (2) California Democratic Challenger
- John Chiang (2) California Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
California 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Ballotpedia.org coverage (John Chiang page, downloaded Jan. 12, 2017)
- Sacramento Bee, "Capitol Alert," by Christopher Cadelago, Feb. 1, 2017
- Sacramento Bee, "Antonio Villaraigosa talks about inequality and Mexican heritage," by Christopher Cadelago, Feb. 1, 2017
- Billboard magazine, "The Reefer Revolution: Gavin Newsom Explains Passing Prop 64," by K.M. McFarland, Jan. 19, 2017
- Sacramento Bee, "California should not be a Scrooge when it comes to educating", by Delaine Eastin, December 22, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Gavin Newsom: Pushed Proposition 64, legalizing adult use of marijuana.
Gavin Newsom: I'm not pro-pot, but anti-prohibition; opposed 2010 Prop 19.
Antonio Villaraigosa: Stop making excuses for lack of success in schools.
Delaine Eastin: In 1960s we invested in community colleges.
Delaine Eastin: Expand "First 5" to include mandatory kindergarten.
Antonio Villaraigosa: Modernize CEQA to allow new construction projects.
Antonio Villaraigosa: Latino heritage is part of our American heritage.
John Chiang: Muslim immigration ban forsakes American values.
John Chiang: Chinese Exclusion Act wrong then; Muslim exclusion wrong now.
Antonio Villaraigosa: Union organizer but disagrees with teachers unions.
Antonio Villaraigosa: Safeguard the hard-earned pensions of employees.
The above quotations are from 2018 California Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)