Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harm’s Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Oklahoma Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 OK Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Powell (20)
- Connie Johnson (5) Oklahoma Democratic candidate for Oklahoma Governor
- Gary Jones (2)
- Gary Richardson (13) Oklahoma Republican candidate for Governor
- Joe Maldonado (20)
- Mary Fallin (3) Oklahoma Republican Governor
- Scott Inman (1) Oklahoma Democratic candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Oklahoma 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
Oklahoma 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Oklahoman, "Stitt, Cornett back Trump on immigration," by Chris Casteel, July 21, 2018
- Press Reader, "GOP candidates would sign bills restricting abortion," by Chris Casteel, July 15, 2018
- Tulsa World, "Edmonson visits Wagoner on Take Back Oklahoma Tour," June 4, 2018
- NBC News, “Oklahoma governor vetoes gun bill, signs adoption bill,” May.12.2018
- The Oklahoman, "GOP forum shows new approach to criminal justice", May 3, 2018
- The Oklahoman, "No compelling reason to help Feds deport 'Dreamers'," by Chris Casteel, March 8, 2018
- Sequoyah County Times, "Edmondson says he has a plan," by Roy Faulkenberry, March 7, 2018
- Edmond Sun, "Edmondson calls for unity, reform," by James Coburn, February 20, 2018
- The Oklahoman, "Some GOP candidates oppose raising age to buy AR-15," by Chris Casteel, Feb. 24, 2018
- The Oklahoman, "Oklahoma shouldn't let political status quo hold us back," by Kevin Stitt, Feb. 7, 2018
- Tulsa World, "Governor candidates tackle criminal justice reform," by Chris Casteel, February 1, 2018
- The Oklahoman, "Candidates mostly avoid stance on marijuana," by Chris Casteel, January 8, 2018
- Norman Transcript, "Cash, candidates and cannabis," by Adam Troxtell, Jan 7, 2018
- Tulsa World , "Gubernatorial candidates," by Randy Krehbiel, Jul 30, 2017
- U.S. News and World Report, "Oklahoma Auditor Gary Jones to Run for Governor," by Sean Murphy, May 8, 2017
- KOCO.com, "Edmondson announces he's running for governor," May 1, 2017
- KOSU-FM, "Oklahoma Schools Say They Need More Funding," by Emily Wendler, April 24, 2017
- Politico, "Mayors call 'sanctuary city' a political label, "by Edward-Isaac Dovere, March 29, 2017
- The Oklahoman, "Election '18 has already begun," by Dale Denwalt, February 4, 2017
- The Oklahoman, "Oklahoma City mayor praises efforts of nonprofits," by William Crum, January 13, 2016
- RedDirtReport.com, "Mayor's film received large donations from city business," by Tim Farley, Apr.10, 2015
- The Oklahoman, "Where Oklahoma stands on civil rights today," by Kyle Fredrickson, July 2, 2014
- The Oklahoman, "Cornett praises federal program for cleaning up 'brownfields'," by Chris Casteel, 10/20/2011
- Tulsa World, "Edmondson: The people's lawyer, moves out and on," by Julie Delcour, January 9, 2011
- PickensPlan.com, "Cornett Positions City to Become Nation's Energy Capital," by Eric O'Keefe, Dec. 17, 2008
- The Oklahoman, "How gun-limit laws soon will begin to fall," by John Greiner, June 27, 2008
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Chris Powell: Leave decision to states or the people themselves.
Joe Maldonado: You own your body; not the Government.
Connie Johnson: Advocate for women's reproductive freedom in State Senate.
Gary Richardson: Life is a beautiful gift from our Father who created us.
Budget & Economy|
Chris Powell: Market-led recovery better than stimulus.
Joe Maldonado: Market-led recovery better than stimulus.
Gary Jones: Cut budget without losing core services.
Gary Richardson: Curb wasteful spending in our state government.
Chris Powell: Strongly supports same-sex marriage.
Joe Maldonado: Strongly supports same-sex marriage.
Gary Richardson: End special tax breaks encouraged by lobbyists.
Chris Powell: Stricter punishment doesn't reduce crime.
Joe Maldonado: Stricter punishment doesn't reduce crime.
Mary Fallin: No life sentences for juveniles.
Gary Richardson: Opposed to private prisons; focus on justice, not jail.
Chris Powell: Marijuana isn't a gateway drug.
Joe Maldonado: Marijuana isn't a gateway drug.
Connie Johnson: Strong proponent of legalizing medical marijuana.
Gary Richardson: If people vote to legalize medical marijuana, I'll honor it.
Connie Johnson: Ending the war on drugs would improve criminal justice.
Connie Johnson: Advocate for decriminalized and medical marijuana.
Chris Powell: Strongly oppose vouchers for school choice.
Joe Maldonado: No vouchers for school choice.
Gary Richardson: A child's zip code shouldn't determine quality of education.
Energy & Oil|
Chris Powell: All energy production should treated equally before the law.
Joe Maldonado: Freer market will allow energy that is greener.
Chris Powell: Fight EPA regulatory over-reach.
Joe Maldonado: Fight EPA regulatory over-reach.
Families & Children|
Mary Fallin: Disallow adoptions in LGBT homes.
Chris Powell: Neutral on American Exceptionalism.
Joe Maldonado: Libertarian way instead of American Exceptionalism.
Chris Powell: Support free trade.
Joe Maldonado: Support and expand free trade.
Chris Powell: No opinion on making voter registration easier.
Joe Maldonado: Make elections and voting fair.
Chris Powell: Absolute right to gun ownership.
Joe Maldonado: Absolute right to gun ownership.
Mary Fallin: Veto constitutional carry: No handguns without a permit.
Gary Richardson: Completely supportive of the Second Amendment.
Chris Powell: Oppose ObamaCare.
Joe Maldonado: Expand ObamaCare.
Connie Johnson: Get mental health department up to speed by 2020.
Gary Richardson: Government has a role to play in mental health care.
Chris Powell: Don't expand the military.
Joe Maldonado: Don't expand the military.
Chris Powell: Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
Joe Maldonado: Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
Chris Powell: Strongly oppose affirmative action.
Joe Maldonado: Oppose affirmative action.
Principles & Values|
Chris Powell: Protect freedom to not have religiosity forced upon.
Joe Maldonado: Keep God in the public sphere.
Gary Richardson: Got 14% of the vote as Independent in 2002 Governor's race.
Gary Richardson: Freedom to work & worship free of government interference.
Chris Powell: Privatize Social Security but accommodate those in system.
Joe Maldonado: Opportunity to opt out of Social Security.
Chris Powell: Oppose higher taxes on the wealthy.
Joe Maldonado: Higher taxes on the wealthy.
Scott Inman: Don't balance the budget on the backs of the middle class.
Gary Jones: Taxes must go up but with budget cuts.
Gary Richardson: Smaller government, less taxes, and eliminate waste.
Gary Richardson: Eliminate the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority.
Gary Richardson: Dismantle the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority.
War & Peace|
Chris Powell: Avoid foreign entanglements.
Joe Maldonado: Avoid foreign entanglements.
The above quotations are from 2018 Oklahoma Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)