Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Utah Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 UT Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Craig Bowden (20) Libertarian candidate for Utah U. S. Senate Utah
- Danny Drew (11) Connecticut Democratic candidate for Governor
- Jenny Wilson (18) Democratic candidate for Utah U.S. Senator Utah
- Jon Huntsman (2) Utah Former GOP Governor (2005-2009); Ambassador to China
- Mitt Romney (4) Massachusetts Former GOP Governor (2003-2006); Pres. candidate (2008)
- Orrin Hatch (2) Republican Sr Senator (retiring 2018) Utah
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Utah 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Salt Lake Tribune, "Democrat Jenny Wilson challenges Mitt Romney on immigration," Aug 3, 2018
- Bloomberg.com, "Romney running to replace Hatch", by Arit John, February 16, 2018
- The Metro, "Former U.S. presidential candidate Romney announces Utah Senate bid," by Bob Lloyd, February 16, 2018
- Salt Lake Tribune, "Tax reform bill is a lump of coal," by Jennifer Dobner, December 21, 2017
- The Park Record, "Wilson sees 'chaos and havoc' in Washington," by Jay Hamburger, September 8, 2017
- Rantt.com @RanttNews, "Could Utah turn blue in 2018?", by Kaz Weida, Aug 21, 2017
- Good Men Project, "Mormon in Utah County Supported Gay Marriage," by Rhett Wilkinson, June 21, 2017
- Blacksite Media, "How to Become a Secret Republican," with Danny Drew, 6/19/17
- Newswire.net, "Draining the Swamp", by Doug Crowe, April 19, 2017
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Vouchers are excellent option for expanding school choice," by Stacy Washington, Jan 20, 2017
- Deseret News, "Pro-Life? Pro-Choice? Anti-Strife," by Bob Bernick, August 20, 1996
- (More issues coverage when it becomes available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Craig Bowden: No late-term abortion except for maternal life.
Danny Drew: Common ground on reducing the number of abortions.
Jenny Wilson: Opposes requiring a 72-hour waiting period for abortions.
Jenny Wilson: Abortion rights are best left in the hands of the courts.
Budget & Economy|
Craig Bowden: No stimulus; market forces tell us where money should go.
Orrin Hatch: 1977: No gay teachers; 2018: No LGBT discrimination.
Craig Bowden: Same-sex marriage isn't my business to restrict.
Jenny Wilson: Supports bill honoring women's suffrage and women's rights.
Jenny Wilson: Let's keep MLK's dream alive.
Danny Drew: Supported gay marriage from a young age.
Jenny Wilson: Fight to get same-sex benefits.
Jenny Wilson: Tax cut: Xmas present to corporations; lump of coal for poor.
Craig Bowden: Rehabilitation instead of punishment.
Jenny Wilson: Beef up laws to address targeted hate crimes.
Craig Bowden: Marijuana is not a gateway drug; prescriptions are.
Jenny Wilson: Supports legalized medical marijuana; it has helped so many.
Jenny Wilson: More funding for opioid treatment for victims.
Craig Bowden: Vouchers are a good step towardending public schools.
Danny Drew: Public schools should meet unique needs of disabled kids.
Jon Huntsman: 2007: signed the Parent Choice in Education Act.
Danny Drew: School choice means re-segregation in some states.
Danny Drew: Local school choice, free from corporate influence.
Jon Huntsman: 2007: statewide vouchers, "Parent Choice in Education Act.
Energy & Oil|
Craig Bowden: No subsidies for green energy; don't pick winners & losers.
Jenny Wilson: Promote clean air and clean energy.
Craig Bowden: EPA should only advise; enforcement is over-reach.
Jenny Wilson: Build bikeways instead of just freeways.
Jenny Wilson: Why are our parks and canyons receiving so little?
Craig Bowden: Prefer American opportunities to American exceptionalism.
Danny Drew: Utah and US and her people are exceptional.
Craig Bowden: Free Trade.
Craig Bowden: Supports mail-in voting and ranked-choice voting.
Jenny Wilson: Focus on voter suppression and gerrymandering.
Danny Drew: Utah needs someone who is not beholden to PACs.
Danny Drew: Big campaign donations are the tip of the iceberg.
Craig Bowden: No gun restrictions except on convicted felons.
Mitt Romney: Prevent school shootings with state and local action.
Danny Drew: Ridiculous to have guns at school in case of bears.
Craig Bowden: ObamaCare only benefits the insurance companies.
Jenny Wilson: Keep ObamaCare individual insurance mandate.
Jenny Wilson: Medicaid money can fight opioid crisis.
Danny Drew: Replacements for ObamaCare should be non-partisan.
Craig Bowden: Full audit of military, then many cuts.
Jenny Wilson: It's not chain migration; it's family-based immigration.
Craig Bowden: Streamline the process to make it easier to come legallyˇ.
Mitt Romney: Welcome legal immigrants, instead of message of exclusion.
Jenny Wilson: Against tearing up families.
Mitt Romney: Poverty level of aspiring immigrant's nation is irrelevant.
Craig Bowden: Free market instead of affirmative action.
Principles & Values|
Craig Bowden: Work for all Utahns, regardless of religious beliefs.
Mitt Romney: Bring Utah's values and Utah's lessons to Washington.
Craig Bowden: Voluntary phase out for younger generations.
Craig Bowden: Lower taxes for everyone.
Jenny Wilson: Reform tax code to narrow income gap, not benefit top 1%.
Orrin Hatch: You can't argue with math: tax cuts for vast majority.
War & Peace|
Craig Bowden: Exit the Mideast & support non-intervention.
Welfare & Poverty|
Danny Drew: All of society should help the least of us meet basic needs.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Craig Bowden Libertarian candidate for Utah U. S. Senate Utah
- Danny Drew Connecticut Democratic candidate for Governor
- Jenny Wilson Democratic candidate for Utah U.S. Senator Utah
- Jon Huntsman Utah Former GOP Governor (2005-2009); Ambassador to China
- Mitt Romney Massachusetts Former GOP Governor (2003-2006); Pres. candidate (2008)
- Orrin Hatch Republican Sr Senator (retiring 2018) Utah
The above quotations are from 2018 Utah Senate race: debates and news coverage.