Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Hawaii Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 HI Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob McDermott (3) Hawaii Republican candidate for governor
- Brian Schatz (1) Democratic Jr Senator Hawaii
- Eddie Pirkowski (4) Republican candidate for Hawaii U.S. Senator Hawaii
- Mazie Hirono (2) Democratic Challenger Hawaii
- Ron Curtis (15) Republican Senate candidate Hawaii
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Hawaii 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Church & State Magazine, AU.org, "Do No Harm Act Introduced In Senate," by Rokia Hassanein, July/August 2018
- The Nation magazine, "Why Democratic Contenders Now Call for Abolishing the Electoral College," by John Nichols, 4/8/19
- Independent Journal Review, "Dem Senator 'Confused' After ICE Official Explains," by Julio Rosas, Jul 31, 2018
- Honolulu Civil Beat, " Candidate Q&A: U.S. Senate--Eddie Pirkowski," July 1, 2018
- Honolulu Civil Beat, " Candidate Q&A: U.S. Senate: Ron Curtis," July 1, 2018
- Pregnancy Help News, "Hawaii to Force Pro-Life Pregnancy Centers to Advertise Free Abortion," by Jay Hobbs, 2 July, 2017
- FOX News, "Hawaii considers letting homeless to camp in specially designated 'safe zones'," February 9, 2017
- Hawaii News Now, "Lawsuit addresses overcrowding at Campbell High School", October 14, 2016
- (More issues coverage when it becomes available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bob McDermott: Opposed law disclosing abortion rights to women.
Budget & Economy|
Ron Curtis: Balanced budget achievable: stop waste and reduce spending.
Ron Curtis: Americans are equally entitled to Constitutional rights.
Eddie Pirkowski: Zero taxes would attract corporate headquarters.
Ron Curtis: We can better serve students teaching them the "how" skills.
Bob McDermott: Sues state over overcrowded school.
Energy & Oil|
Ron Curtis: Manage renewable electric power with smaller community farms.
Eddie Pirkowski: Sustainable green development; reduce our carbon footprint.
Ron Curtis: Protect environment with common sense daily routine changes.
Families & Children|
Mazie Hirono: Family separation at the border traumatizes children.
Brian Schatz: Abolish the Electoral College.
Ron Curtis: Take back our elections from lobbyists & special interests.
Ron Curtis: For mandatory background checks but wants minimum age 18.
Ron Curtis: Affordable health care for all calls for effective planning.
Eddie Pirkowski: Cutting edge defensive and offensive security.
Ron Curtis: Welcomes military presence in Hawaii, vital in today's world.
Ron Curtis: Base immigration policy on meeting job market needs.
Mazie Hirono: Why do we treat children of illegal immigrants as criminals?
Eddie Pirkowski: Responsible spending for jobs and stable growth.
Principles & Values|
Ron Curtis: Principles of campaign are liberty and limited government.
Ron Curtis: Make Social Security sustainable long into the future.
Ron Curtis: Make tax cuts for individuals permanent; no expiration.
Ron Curtis: Personal background in managing evolving technologies.
War & Peace|
Ron Curtis: War should be last resort but we need to always be prepared.
Welfare & Poverty|
Bob McDermott: Let homeless sleep in driveways.
The above quotations are from 2018 Hawaii Senate race: debates and news coverage.