Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
News coverage of `Blue Wave` 2018 House races in Virginia
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 House VA elections (number of quotes indicated):
- Abigail Spanberger (2) Democrat U.S. Rep Virginia- 7
- Ben Cline (8) Republican U.S. Rep Virginia- 6
- Bobby Scott (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Virginia-3
- Dave Brat (1) Republican House Member U.S. Rep Virginia- 7
- Denver Riggleman (2) Republican U.S. Rep Virginia- 5
- Elaine Luria (6) Democrat U.S. Rep Virginia- 2
- Gerry Connolly (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Virginia-11
- Jennifer Wexton (9) Democrat U.S. Rep Virginia- 10
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2018 Virginia House race news coverage:
- VA-2: CBS 4-News Gainesville, "Iran-US tensions rise on Trump threat, Iran satellite launch" by Robert Burns, Darlene Superville and Jon Gambrell, April 22, 2020
- VA-2: WAVY-10, "Luria leads effort reducing prescription costs during COVID-19," by Madison Pearman, Apr 13, 2020
- VA-2: The Jewish News, "The Truth About TruNews," by Berl Falbaum, 03/02/2020
- VA-2: League of Conservation Voters, "LCV Action Fund Endorses Congresswoman Elaine Luria," August 16, 2019
- VA-10: Hollywood Reporter, "Gillibrand Talks 'Infuriating' Inaction on Gun Control," by Katie Kilkenny & Hilary Lewis, Nov. 08, 2018
- VA-6: 10-News WSLS, "What you need to know about Virginia's 6th District House race", by Tommy Lopez, 10/26/2018
- VA-10: Loudoun Times-Mirror, "Wexton working for balance and 'positive results'", by Onofrio Castiglia, 10/31/2018
- VA-7: National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare (NCPSSM.org), "Seniors Advocacy Group Endorses Five New Social Security & Medicare Champions," 10/17/2018
- VA-10: Washington Post, " In first faceoff, Comstock and Wexton debate", by Jenna Portnoy, 9/21/2018
- VA-6: News Leader, "6th District Immigration", by Julia Fair, 9/17/2018
- VA-3: Church & State Magazine, AU.org, "Do No Harm Act Introduced In Senate," by Rokia Hassanein, July/August 2018
- VA-6: The Roanoke Times, "Ben Cline Talks", by Dan Casey, 5/26/2018
- VA-6: The News Virginian, "Cline bill on marijuana derivative passes", by Bob Stuart, 2/4/2018
Special coverage of "Blue Wave" states:
- CA: 7 new House members including 6 Democrats and 5 Democratic takeovers
- FL: 5 new House members including 2 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- MI: 5 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- MN: 5 new House members including 3 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers (and 1 Republican takeover!)
- NJ: 4 new House members including 4 Democrats and 3 Democratic takeovers
- NY: 4 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- PA: 7 new House members including 4 Democrats and 4 Democratic takeovers (with statewide redistricting)
- TX: 10 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- VA: 5 new House members including 3 Democrats and 3 Democratic takeovers
- All other states: 51 new House members including 17 Democratic takeovers
- Endorsements: Organizational endorsements of new House members, from groups that focus on one issue
- 2019 House incumbents: continuing coverage of the 116th Congress
Conclusion: the "Blue Wave" means Democrats took over Congress but the rest is media hype.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Ben Cline: Life begins at conception.
Budget & Economy|
Jennifer Wexton: Create an economy that works for all, not just the top.
Denver Riggleman: Limit use of eminent domain, to protect private property.
Elaine Luria: Expand opportunity and potential of small businesses.
Jennifer Wexton: Treatment & prevention will defeat opioid problem.
Energy & Oil|
Elaine Luria: Fighting to protect coasts from offshore drilling.
Jennifer Wexton: Climate change solutions also benefit economy.
Ben Cline: Cutting back on fossil fuels sacrifices economic development.
Ben Cline: Natural gas pipelines okay, but proceed with caution.
Families & Children|
Ben Cline: Let businesses & groups act on their beliefs about marriage.
Ben Cline: Supports lower tariffs later via higher tariffs now.
Jennifer Wexton: Open markets help business, not tariffs.
Gerry Connolly: Investigate election fraud in NC-9 district race.
Jennifer Wexton: Fight Russia's election hacks via social media disclaimers.
Jennifer Wexton: Platform of gun reform in district where NRA has HQ.
Denver Riggleman: Enforce constitutional rules on Second Amendment.
Elaine Luria: Suspend co-pays for military retirees & survivor families.
Ben Cline: Medicaid is important, but states should run it, not feds.
Elaine Luria: Navy vet to represent district with largest navy base.
Abigail Spanberger: No border wall; yes earned pathway to citizenship.
Ben Cline: Build the border wall.
Jennifer Wexton: Comprehensive reform instead of fear-mongering tactics.
Principles & Values|
Elaine Luria: Question White House credentials for anti-Semitic website.
Jennifer Wexton: Women run in 2018 because Trump makes democracy look fragile.
Bobby Scott: Co-sponsored Do No Harm Act: keep church and state separate.
Abigail Spanberger: Pledges to protect Social Security from privatization.
Dave Brat: Major cuts to Social Security and Medicare.
Ben Cline: Raise retirement age for future Social Security reform.
Jennifer Wexton: Strongly opposes citizenship question on the 2020 Census.
War & Peace|
Elaine Luria: Trump's tweeting could lead to war.
The above quotations are from News coverage of `Blue Wave` 2018 House races in Virginia.