Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Nevada Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 NV Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Danny Tarkanian (13) Republican candidate for Nevada U.S. Senator Nevada
- Dean Heller (17) Republican Jr Senator Nevada
- Jacky Rosen (27) Democratic Challenger for NV Senator Nevada
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Nevada 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Heller launches new attack ad," by Ramona Giwargis, August 28, 2018
- KOLO-8 News Now NBC, "Senate candidates Heller, Rosen visit Northern NV," Aug 24, 2018
- Reno Gazette Journal Q&A, Interview with Adam Laxalt, April 23, 2018
- Reno News & Review, "He's doing it again," Mar 8, 2018
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Sisolak attacks group for helping pregnant women," by Victor Joecks, Feb. 27, 2018
- Las Vegas Sun, "Heller has broken promise," by Emily Mussio Marquez, Feb. 12, 2018
- Reno Gazette-Journal, "A political survey from the 90s has come back to haunt Sisolak," by James DeHaven, Jan. 29, 2018
- The Nevada Independent, "'I campaign in prose': On the trail with Dan Schwartz," by Michelle Rindels, January 21, 2018
- Metro Weekly, "HRC endorses Jacky Rosen," by John Riley, December 6, 2017
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Laxalt makes Nevada governor bid official," by Colton Lochhead, November 1, 2017
- Las Vegas Sun, "Working Nevada families lose in GOP tax scheme," by Rep. Jacky Rosen, Nov. 29, 2017
- The Nevada Independent, "Stances of gubernatorial candidate Dan Schwartz," by Jackie Valley & Michelle Rindels, Sept. 6, 2017
- The Nevada Independent, "Schwartz, Nevada's maverick treasurer, jumps into governor's race," by Michelle Rindels, Sept. 5, 2017
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "DOJ finds no evidence that Clark County is ‘sanctuary' community," By Wesley Juhl and Michael Scott Davidson, August 4, 2017
- Concord Monitor, "Sununu's position on transgender Granite Staters is dangerous," by Ray Buckley, August 04, 2017
- Las Vegas Sun, "Obamacare repeal effort endangers progress made at Las Vegas public hospital," by April Corbin, July 31, 2017
- Las Vegas Sun, "Clark County mulls control board to keep marijuana businesses in line," by April Corbin, July 19, 2017
- Los Angeles Times, "Message for Nevada: Don't be California," by David Montero, July 12, 2017
- Popular Science, "House Science Committee letter to President Trump," by Kendra Pierre-Louis, May 18, 2017
- Las Vegas Sun, "Standing strong with Israel, our closest ally," by Rep. Jacky Rosen, May 3, 2017
- Nevada Appeal, "Treasurer Schwartz calls for corporate income tax," by Geoff Dornan, August 31, 2016
- Bicycling.com, "Bike shop owner riding for governor", 6/2/2017
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Laxalt opposes measure to legalize pot," by Sandra Chereb, August 25, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Dean Heller: Ban all abortions after 20 weeks.
Jacky Rosen: Co-sponsored bill to require contraceptives in insurance.
Danny Tarkanian: Life starts at conception.
Budget & Economy|
Dean Heller: Control wasteful spending and shrink the size of government.
Danny Tarkanian: Cut entitlements to reduce trillions of debt.
Jacky Rosen: Endorsed by Human Rights Campaign.
Jacky Rosen: Trump tax cut is fraudulent handout to corporations.
Jacky Rosen: Fund law enforcement as robustly as necessary.
Dean Heller: Let each states' voters decide on marijuana.
Jacky Rosen: Regulate marijuana federally, like we do for alcohol.
Jacky Rosen: Legalize medical marijuana and recreational marijuana.
Dean Heller: Tax savings plan to help parents pay for private schools.
Dean Heller: Counseling on financial aid but no refinancing student loans.
Jacky Rosen: Public money should go to public schools.
Jacky Rosen: Refinance student loans, and cancel if student goes bankrupt.
Danny Tarkanian: Real choice, not just choice between government schools.
Danny Tarkanian: I support vouchers for private school tuition.
Jacky Rosen: $50K for STEM curriculum grant for UNLV.
Energy & Oil|
Dean Heller: Impact from humans on climate change is up for debate.
Jacky Rosen: Climate change threatens environment & national security.
Danny Tarkanian: Energy independence by drawing from all energy sources.
Jacky Rosen: Applauds EPA funding to protect Nevada's surface water.
Dean Heller: $230M for Public Land Management around Las Vegas.
Jacky Rosen: EPA should rely on facts, not fake news.
Families & Children|
Dean Heller: I respect traditional marriage but respect Supreme Court.
Jacky Rosen: Supports gay marriage.
Dean Heller: Catch up on the backlog of untested sexual assault kits.
Jacky Rosen: Defend Israel Act: U.S. should stand with Israel.
Dean Heller: Don't require disclosure of political campaign donors.
Jacky Rosen: More campaign disclosure; overturn Citizens United.
Jacky Rosen: AdWatch: Passed zero bills? But co-sponsored eight bills.
Danny Tarkanian: Drain the swamp by imposing term limits on Congress.
Dean Heller: Opposed banning high-capacity magazines.
Jacky Rosen: Ban high-capacity magazines & military-style assault rifles.
Danny Tarkanian: Self-defense is a constitutional right & a God-given right.
Danny Tarkanian: What good is a handgun if a bad guy has an assault rifle?
Dean Heller: Block grants to the states instead of ObamaCare.
Jacky Rosen: Add public option and Medicaid buy-in to ObamaCare.
Jacky Rosen: Stabilize ObamaCare so premiums are reduced.
Danny Tarkanian: ObamaCare MUST be repealed; I guarantee I'll vote to do so.
Danny Tarkanian: Rebuild our military; it was severely weakened under Obama.
Dean Heller: DREAM Act is a backdoor amnesty program.
Jacky Rosen: Supports DREAMers & earned path to citizenship.
Danny Tarkanian: Reform legal immigration; but BLOCK illegal immigration.
Danny Tarkanian: Oppose sanctuary cities; support official English.
Dean Heller: Opposed raising minimum wage from $7.25 to $8.25/hour.
Jacky Rosen: Raise minimum wage from $7.25 to $15/hour.
Jacky Rosen: Don't privatize Social Security or VA.
Dean Heller: Trump tax cut boosts job creation.
Jacky Rosen: Opposed Republican tax cut to wealthy.
Jacky Rosen: Co-sponsored bill to protect small business from cyberattack.
Dean Heller: More competition on internet, instead of Net Neutrality.
Jacky Rosen: Invest in transportation infrastructure & high-tech research.
Jacky Rosen: Supports Net Neutrality protections for broadband consumers.
War & Peace|
Dean Heller: Withdraw from Iran nuclear treaty.
Jacky Rosen: Supports multinational Iran nuclear treaty.
Danny Tarkanian: Stronger response to ISIS, North Korea, and Russia.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Danny Tarkanian Republican candidate for Nevada U.S. Senator Nevada
- Dean Heller Republican Jr Senator Nevada
- Jacky Rosen Democratic Challenger for NV Senator Nevada
The above quotations are from 2018 Nevada Senate race: debates and news coverage.