Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Democratic Primary Debate: November 20th in Atlanta, hosted by MSNBC
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 5th Democratic Primary Debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (9) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Andrew Yang (6) Democratic candidate for President; CEO
- Bernie Sanders (7) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Cory Booker (7) New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Elizabeth Warren (11) Massachusetts Senator
- Joe Biden (10) Democratic V.P.
- Kamala Harris (5) California Democratic candidate for President; California Senator
- Pete Buttigieg (6) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Tom Steyer (6) Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
- Tulsi Gabbard (7) Hawaii Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from HI-2
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Amy Klobuchar: Codify Roe v. Wade into law; the people are with us.
Bernie Sanders: Get the government off the backs of women on abortion.
Elizabeth Warren: Illegal abortions mean only poor women can't get them.
Amy Klobuchar: Name your favorite woman president--we're not done yet!
Joe Biden: MeToo: Change the culture of how women are treated.
Kamala Harris: Dems take black women for granted.
Pete Buttigieg: I welcome the challenge of connecting with black voters.
Tulsi Gabbard: Correct racial injustice in an institutional way.
Tom Steyer: Spent $300M to take on unchecked corporate power.
Kamala Harris: When people break rules, they pay penalty; so should Trump.
Cory Booker: Deal with impact of pot on blacks not privileged whites.
Joe Biden: Black community supports decriminalizing marijuana.
Tulsi Gabbard: Failed war on drugs has hurt minorities.
Elizabeth Warren: Student loan debt is worse for African-Americans.
Energy & Oil|
Joe Biden: Prioritized climate for decades, as existential threat.
Pete Buttigieg: Conservative farmers are part of the climate change solution.
Tom Steyer: I've spent a decade fighting oil companies & pipelines.
Elizabeth Warren: Public service for 10,000 people on public lands.
Tulsi Gabbard: People of all parties want clean air and safe water.
Families & Children|
Amy Klobuchar: Three months paid family leave, but be fiscally responsible.
Andrew Yang: Only U.S. and Papua New Guinea don't have paid family leave.
Andrew Yang: Our kids are not alright; their future is darker than our.
Joe Biden: Keep punching at it: men can never raise a hand to women.
Kamala Harris: Six months paid family leave; burden still falls on women.
Amy Klobuchar: New foreign policy: align with allies and call out misdeeds.
Andrew Yang: International consensus and coalitions on data.
Cory Booker: Call out China for human rights violations.
Joe Biden: Speak out against China at UN, for Uighurs and Hong Kong.
Joe Biden: Punish senior Saudi leaders; make them the pariah they are.
Joe Biden: I know all world leaders, and they know I keep my word.
Kamala Harris: Trump got punked by North Korea.
Amy Klobuchar: Constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United.
Amy Klobuchar: Experience is needed to get voter rights passed.
Amy Klobuchar: Register all to vote; ban gerrymandering and voter purges.
Andrew Yang: Foreign meddling in our elections is an act of aggression.
Bernie Sanders: Enforce simple rule: every over 18 has the right to vote.
Cory Booker: Black voters are pissed off and worried about Dems.
Cory Booker: Voter suppression most affects low-income minorities.
Elizabeth Warren: End lobbying as we know it.
Elizabeth Warren: Million-dollar donors shouldn't get ambassadorships.
Pete Buttigieg: Same-day voter registration, and fight voter suppression.
Tom Steyer: I'm the only candidate who'll talk about term limits.
Tom Steyer: Electoral victories require high turnout among young people.
Tulsi Gabbard: Dems represent foreign policy establishment, not people.
Tulsi Gabbard: Mandate paper ballots to ensure that every vote is heard.
Andrew Yang: Helping young males find their path will reduce gun violence.
Bernie Sanders: Current system is not only cruel, it's dysfunctional.
Elizabeth Warren: People shouldn't make medical decisions based on cost.
Joe Biden: Reform healthcare, don't force folks off private insurance.
Andrew Yang: Threats of tomorrow are Chinese A.I. and military drones.
Elizabeth Warren: More Americans should serve in military.
Pete Buttigieg: Re-prioritize runaway growth in military spending.
Bernie Sanders: I'll stand with 11M undocumented immigrants in this country.
Elizabeth Warren: Stop the man-made "crisis" at the southern border.
Kamala Harris: Women are still only paid 80 cents compared to $1 for men.
Principles & Values|
Amy Klobuchar: This election is a value, decency, and patriotism check.
Amy Klobuchar: President focusing on personal interests risks democracy.
Bernie Sanders: Trump think he is above the law, but nobody is.
Cory Booker: Unlike Trump who demeans, will bring country together.
Elizabeth Warren: Ignoring Mueller Report means president is above the law.
Joe Biden: We need to defeat Trump AND gain a Senate majority.
Joe Biden: Keep the Justice Department independent of politics.
Pete Buttigieg: Right experience, not traditional Washington experience.
Pete Buttigieg: Impeachment should be above politics, but Trump confessed.
Tom Steyer: Coalitions of ordinary American citizens beat corporations.
Tulsi Gabbard: Treat people with "Aloha spirit" of respect and justice.
Cory Booker: No wealth tax, but raise estate tax.
Elizabeth Warren: Your first $50M is free and clear under my wealth tax.
War & Peace|
Bernie Sanders: Rethink War on Terror and make deal with Taliban.
Tulsi Gabbard: Oppose Bush-Clinton-Trump policy of regime-change wars.
Welfare & Poverty|
Bernie Sanders: Deal with 500,000 people sleeping on streets, AND Trump.
Cory Booker: Refundable tax credit for difference from average rent.
Elizabeth Warren: Not enough housing: build 3M units and no discrimination.
Tom Steyer: When you look at inequality, you have to start with housing.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Amy Klobuchar Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Andrew Yang Democratic candidate for President; CEO
- Bernie Sanders Democratic Presidential candidate
- Cory Booker New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Elizabeth Warren Massachusetts Senator
- Joe Biden Democratic V.P.
- Kamala Harris California Democratic candidate for President; California Senator
- Pete Buttigieg Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Tom Steyer Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
- Tulsi Gabbard Hawaii Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from HI-2
The above quotations are from Democratic Primary Debate: November 20th in Atlanta, hosted by MSNBC.
Debates and Surveys in the 2020 Democratic Primary:
Surveys and other coverage of the Democratic Primary:
- 11th Democratic Debate, one-on-one between Biden and Sanders, March 15, 2020
- 10th Democratic Debate, between South Carolina primary and Super Tuesday, Feb. 25 2020
- Feb. 2020 Democratic Debate (9th Debate) on eve of the Nevada caucus, Feb. 19 2020
- February Democratic candidates debate in N.H., (Feb. 7, 2020)
- CNN New Hampshire Town Halls (Feb. 5-6, 2020)
- January Democratic candidates debate in Des Moines, (Jan. 14, 2020)
- December Democratic candidates debate at UCLA, (Dec. 19, 2019)
- November Democratic candidates debate in Atlanta, (Nov. 20, 2019)
- October Democratic candidates debate in Ohio, (Oct. 15, 2019)
- CNN LGBT Town Hall (Oct. 10, 2019)
- Business Insider Republican candidates debate, (Sept. 24, 2019)
- September Democratic candidates debate in Houston, (Sept. 12, 2019)
- CNN Climate Town Hall (Sept. 4, 2019)
- July Democratic candidates debate in Detroit (July 30-31, 2019)
- June Democratic candidates debate in Miami, (June 26-27, 2019)
- CNN Town Halls (April-May, 2019)
- Survey of 2020 Presidential campaign websites
- Politico 2020Dems Presidential survey
- NPR Morning Edition 2020 Presidential survey
- CNN Kfile, investigative reporting on presidential contenders
- Jacobin Magazine, socialist perspectives on presidential contenders
- CNN Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- Fox Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- 2020 Presidential Hopefuls by OnTheIssues.org
Books by 2020 Presidential hopefuls:
- The Truths We Hold, by Kamala Harris (2019)
- Shortest Way Home, by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
- The Mueller Report, investigation and commentary (2019)
- From the Ground Up, by Howard Schultz (2019)
- Where We Go From Here, by Bernie Sanders (2018)
- The Right Answer, by John Delaney (2018)
- An Unlikely Journey, by Julian Castro (2018)
- Healing the Soul of America, by Marianne Williamson (2018)
- Promise Me, Dad, by Joe Biden (2017)
- This Fight Is Our Fight by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
- The Making of Donald Trump by David Cay Johnston (2017)
- United, by Cory Booker (2016)
- The Opposite of Woe, by John Hickenlooper (2016)
- The Senator Next Door, by Amy Klobuchar (2015)
- Off the Sidelines, Kirsten Gillibrand (2014)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Beto O'Rourke (2011)
Page last edited: Dec 23, 2019