Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Survey of 2019 Gubernatorial campaign websites
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Gubernatorial campaign websites (number of quotes indicated):
- Adam Edelen (9) Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Andy Beshear (11) Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Bill Waller (4) Mississippi Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- Eddie Rispone (3) Louisiana Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- Jim Hood (1) Mississippi Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Robert Foster (12) Mississippi Republican challenger for Governor
- Robert Goforth (2) Kentucky Republican challenger for Governor
- Rocky Adkins (4) Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Tate Reeves (6) Mississippi Republican candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Robert Foster: Protect all innocent life, including unborn children.
Budget & Economy|
Adam Edelen: Kentucky Kick Start: make Main Streets bustling again.
Andy Beshear: Government works best with a wide range of voices.
Andy Beshear: Marriage equality for whomever you love.
Robert Foster: A tax on business means a tax on job creation.
Robert Goforth: As business owner and pharmacists, he's a proven job creator.
Tate Reeves: Reduce taxes and work with businesses, & jobs will follow.
Robert Foster: Help nonviolent offenders; often a better solution.
Robert Foster: Reduce recidivism by differentiating non-violent offenders.
Tate Reeves: Strengthen public safety; more police officers in schools.
Andy Beshear: Legalize medical marijuana; maybe it'll replace opioids.
Adam Edelen: More beds in Kentucky to treat the scourge of addition.
Andy Beshear: Sue opioid manufacturers & distributors who flood market.
Robert Foster: We can't punish someone out of addiction.
Bill Waller: Pay raise for good teachers & to attract new ones.
Adam Edelen: Don't make schools profit centers for charter corporations.
Adam Edelen: Make college affordable to the children of working families.
Andy Beshear: Committed to a world-class public education.
Robert Foster: School choice has its place, but we must be very careful.
Rocky Adkins: Protect public education from private, for-profit schools.
Tate Reeves: Public charter schools in failing districts.
Energy & Oil|
Andy Beshear: Focus on "all-of-the-above" and low utility bills.
Adam Edelen: Climate change is real; renewables key to tomorrow's jobs.
Robert Foster: Stand with farmers; fight EPA over-regulation.
Eddie Rispone: Favors overhaul of state constitution, "fix it & start over".
Andy Beshear: Fight for every Kentuckian's right to vote.
Adam Edelen: Zero Tolerance: put crooked politicians behind bars.
Adam Edelen: Restore Kentucky Commission on Women; 50% women in Cabinet.
Andy Beshear: State government operates in secret: push for transparency.
Robert Foster: Enact sunset legislation; roll back rules and regulations.
Tate Reeves: Sunshine Act: transparent process for awarding contracts.
Robert Foster: Second amendment is final check & balance in Constitution.
Tate Reeves: Pro-gun rights; lowered barriers to concealed carry.
Bill Waller: More accessible, quality health care to address crisis.
Adam Edelen: Protect ObamaCare and expanded Medicaid.
Robert Foster: Reform our monopolistic Certificate of Need laws.
Rocky Adkins: No one should ever have to delay care to pay bills.
Eddie Rispone: Stands with Trump on immigration & border wall.
Eddie Rispone: Put an end to sanctuary cities.
Robert Foster: No sanctuary: report illegal criminals.
Andy Beshear: Grow our economy with skill training, not CEO giveaways.
Andy Beshear: Wrong that women make significantly less than men.
Andy Beshear: Support prevailing wage law; oppose Right-To-Work laws.
Adam Edelen: Ensure that Kentucky workers are paid a living wage.
Rocky Adkins: Focus on fair wages for 21st century jobs.
Principles & Values|
Bill Waller: Service to God, to family, to state and country.
Robert Goforth: Self-description: Christian; father; veteran; conservative.
Robert Foster: Excise and sales tax, rather than income and property tax.
Tate Reeves: Reduce taxes to help small business.
Bill Waller: More funds to take care of our crumbling roads and bridges.
Rocky Adkins: Improve our roads, bridges, water systems, and Internet.
Welfare & Poverty|
Jim Hood: Follow Jesus' compassion to care for the least among us.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Adam Edelen Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Andy Beshear Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Bill Waller Mississippi Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- Eddie Rispone Louisiana Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- Jim Hood Mississippi Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Robert Foster Mississippi Republican challenger for Governor
- Robert Goforth Kentucky Republican challenger for Governor
- Rocky Adkins Kentucky Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Tate Reeves Mississippi Republican candidate for governor
The above quotations are from Survey of 2019 Gubernatorial campaign websites.
2018-19 Governors' book excerpts:
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by Governor Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)