Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
News coverage of 2019 House of Representatives incumbents
(Click for external website)
2019 House incumbent news coverage:
- CA-8: GOP Young Guns blog, Profile: "Jay Obernolte" downloaded 7/25/2020
- GA-5: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Nikema Williams follows Lewis' path, if not trying to fill his shoes," by Greg Bluestein and Tia Mitchell, 7/22/2020
- GA-5: Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Supreme Court upholds protections for Dreamers in immigration ruling," by Tamar Hallerman, 6/18/2020
- ND-0: The Dickinson Press, "North Dakota delegation rejoices after Trump signs North American trade deal," by Jeremy Turley, Jan 29, 2020
- NH-1: Newsweek, "Twitter Reacts to Trump Saying He's Open to Cuts in Medicare," by Melissa Lemieux, 1/23/20
- IL-6: Chicago Sun Times Fact-Check, "Casten partly right about federal contribution to new drugs," by Kiannah Sepeda-Miller, Dec 23, 2019
- FL-10: House Press Release, Demings.house.gov. "For USMCA", December 19, 2019
- NJ-2: CNN, "Jeff Van Drew's party switch is a godsend for Donald Trump," by Chris Cillizza, December 16, 2019
- CO-6: Denverite.com, "Inside Congressman Jason Crow's Intense First Year," by Kasey Cordell, Dec. 2019
- NH-1 & NH-2: Nashua Telegraph, "Animal cruelty is officially now a federal crime," by Casey Junkins, Nov 28, 2019
- ME-2: Bangor Daily News, "Marginalizing transgender Americans is wrong, and dangerous," November 20, 2019
- FL-10: House Press Release, Demings.house.gov. "Opportunity Zone Reform", November 19, 2019
- OH-16: MeriTalk.com, "Bipartisan House Bill Supports New NIST CoE, Election Security Research", by Katie Malone, Nov 13, 2019
- OH-16: Fox News, "Former NFL player-turned-congressman plans bill on college athletes making money," by Joshua Nelson, October 31, 2019
- UT-4: KSL Salt Lake City, "Romney, McAdams working to keep Social Security, Medicare from drying up," by Dennis Romboy, Oct. 30, 2019
- NC-13: Charlotte Observer, "Budd, Manning clash over campaign accusations in debate," by Brian Murphy, October 23, 2018
- UT-3 & UT4: Deseret News, "Why 3 Utah congressmen backed a marijuana banking bill," by Matthew Brown, Sep 25, 2019
- NV-3: MarijuanaMoment.net, "Historic House Passage Of Marijuana Banking Bill," by Kyle Jaeger, September 25, 2019
- CA-8: Victorville Daily Press, "Assemblyman Obernolte Announces Congressional Bid," by Garrett Bergthold, 9/19/2019
- NC-3: Spectrum News N.Y.1, "New NC Congressmen Look to Find Their Place on Capitol Hill," by Kevin Frey, Sep. 18, 2019
- NV-3: The Nevada Independent, "Susie Lee on abolishing ICE and 287(g)," by Luz Gray, September 9, 2019
- MN-7: St. Cloud Times, "Paynesville's Michelle Fischbach runs for U.S. House seat held by Collin Peterson," by Nora G. Hertel, 9/3/2019
- KS-3: KCUR 89.3 NPR Kansas City, "Davids Hosts A Heated Discussion About Guns And Public Health," by Alex Smith, August 25, 2019
- NH-1: Portsmouth Herald (SeacoastOnline.com). "Rochester Gay Pride Festival celebrates diversity," Aug 24, 2019
- ME-2: Politico.com, "Susan Collins and the GOP court Trump on guns," by Burgess Everett and Marianne Levine, 08/14/2019
- KS-3: Topeka Capital-Journal, "Davids bargains for bipartisan trade deal with Canada, Mexico," by Tim Carpenter, Aug 2, 2019
- FL-10: House Press Release, "Rep. Demings Met with Government Officials of Denmark, Hungary, and Luxembourg," July 8, 2019
- FL-10: House Press Release, "Funding package for humanitarian assistance on the border," June 25, 2019
- OH-16 and others: Washington Blade, "House votes to defund trans military ban in rebuke to Trump," by Chris Johnson, June 18, 2019
- ME-2: WGME CBS-13, "Rep. Golden calls for changes to immigration system," June 17, 2019
- WA-8: iFIBER One News, "Wenatchee Pride event celebrates people from all walks of life," by Chris Hansen, Jun 15, 2019
- IL-14: BonAppetit.com, "Lauren Underwood Is Doing Her 30s Better Than Just About Anyone We Know," by Hilary Cadigan, June 12, 2019
- PR-0: Child Welfare League of America press release, "Gonzalez Colon Introduces the Every Child," 6/5/2019
- MO-4: White House press release, "Support For President Donald J. Trump's Actions On Trade," May 21, 2019
- SC-1/3/4/5/6/7: Charleston City Paper, "Only one S.C. congressman voted for the anti-discrimination Equality Act," by Adam Manno, May 20, 2019
- SC-1: The Charleston Post and Courier, "It took SC Rep. Nancy Mace 25 years to share she was raped," by Caitlin Byrd, 5/14/2019
- GA-6: Washington Post, "NRA president says pro-gun-control congresswoman won only because she's a 'minority female'," by Reis Thebault, 5/6/2019
- NM-2: Albuquerque Journal, "Torres Small seeks bipartisan border security solutions," by Scott Turner, April 20, 2019
- TN-6: Crossville Chronicle, "Rose: action needed to shore up Social Security, Medicare," by Heather Mullinix, Apr 30, 2019
- WA-8: Jewish News Syndicate, "Kim Schrier counters critics, defends party's 'unequivocal' support for Israel," by Jackson Richman, April 1, 2019
- TN-6: Forbes Magazine, "Marijuana Banking Bill Approved By Congressional Committee," by Tom Angell, Mar 28, 2019
- NM-2: KOB TV-4, "Torres Small files bill to hire 15,000 doctors for rural communities," by Patrick Hayes, March 22, 2019
- NM-1, NM-2, & NM-3: Albuquerque Journal, "Torres Small not always in step with her party," by Scott Turner, March 2, 2019
- ND-0: High Plains Reader, "The New McCarthyism," by C.S. Hagen, February 27, 2019
- NV-3: Las Vegas Sun, "Susie Lee says she is an advocate for the LGBT community," by John Sadler, Feb. 22, 2019
- MS-3: Fox News, "Trump's border wall would stop deadly drugs from entering our country," by Michael Guest, 2/19/2019
- NY-10 & MN-5: Fox News, "Pelosi, Dem leaders condemn Rep. Omar for 'anti-Semitic' language," by Andrew O'Reilly, 2/11/19
- NC-3: Raleigh News-Observer, "Walter Jones, dead at 76; worked to atone for his Iraq war vote," by Brian Murphy, Feb. 10, 2019
- IA-4: Politico.com, "Trio of Republicans face life in exile," by Melanie Zanona 02/04/2019
- MN-5: Fox News, "Rep. Ilhan Omar slammed for saying she 'chuckles' when Israel is called a democracy," by Lukas Mikelionis, 1/31/19
- MN-5: The Hill, "Rep. Omar apologizes for tweet about Israel," by Cristina Marcos, 01/22/19
- IA-4: Huffington Post, "GOP Strips Rep. Steve King Of All Committee Assignments Over White Supremacist Views", by Nick Visser, 1/14/2019
- IA-4: Esquire magazine, "Iowa Is Ground Zero for the Republicans' Disastrous Approach to Healthcare." by Charles P. Pierce, 4/9/2018
- GA-5: Seattle Times, "Pro-gun Georgia lawmakers punish Delta for crossing the NRA," by R.J. Rico and Ben Nadler, 3/1/2018
- SC-1: Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Mom still modest about march into Citadel lore," by Jennifer Brett, 8/10/2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Nancy Mace: Against abortion, but yes to exceptions for rape, incest.
Jared Golden: For Equality Act, extend protections to sexual orientation.
Anthony Gonzalez: Allow transgender people in the military.
Trey Hollingsworth: Allow transgender people in the military.
Kim Schrier: Sponsor of Equality Act: LGBTQ civil rights protections.
Jenniffer Gonzalez-Colon: Keep child welfare services free of discrimination.
Republican Party: Remove Rep. from committees for "white supremacist" comments.
Nancy Mace: Trailblazer by being first female Citadel graduate.
Nikema Williams: Unfettered police authority is dangerous.
Ben McAdams: Marijuana banking bill gives safe harbor for businesses.
John Curtis: Marijuana banking bill gives safe harbor for businesses.
Susie Lee: Co-sponsored SAFE Banking Act for marijuana businesses.
Michael Guest: Prosecuted drug dealers and tried to stop flow of drugs.
Anthony Gonzalez: Need standards for college athletes being allowed to profit.
Susie Lee: Student loan crisis is crippling young people.
Ilhan Omar: Anti-Semitism is real; grateful for education on history.
Ilhan Omar: Almost chuckles at notion that Israel is a democracy.
Ilhan Omar: Regrets tweeting "Israel has hypnotized the world".
Michelle Fischbach: Chinese tariffs have hurt U.S. farmers for years.
Sharice Davids: Wants stronger environmental, labor standards in USMCA.
Vicky Hartzler: Supports lifting steel & aluminum tariffs.
Kelly Armstrong: USMCA biggest trade victory for our country in a generation.
Kelly Armstrong: We cannot be used as pawns in a multi-year trade war.
Anthony Gonzalez: Co-sponsored bipartisan bill on election security.
Susie Lee: Member of the Problem Solvers Caucus: break the gridlock.
Kelly Armstrong: Keep ND's no voter registration, but secure elections.
Susie Lee: Ban high capacity magazines, assault weapons.
Sharice Davids: Gun violence a public health crisis.
Lucy McBath: Fight for gun control and save lives.
Ben Ray Lujan: Extend waiting periods from 3 to 10 days.
Deb Haaland: Extend waiting periods from 3 to 10 days.
Xochitl Torres Small: Voted against extending waiting periods from 3 to 10 days.
Nikema Williams: Supports Delta's decision not to give NRA members discounts.
Xochitl Torres Small: Files bill to hire 15,000 doctors for rural communities.
Kelly Armstrong: Give money & control back to the states.
Randy Feenstra: For health care bill that excludes pre-existing conditions.
Jay Obernolte: Protect veterans; strengthen defense' balance budget.
Greg Murphy: First priority is House Armed Services Committee.
Xochitl Torres Small: Invest in Northern Triangle to relieve refugee problem.
Walter Beaman Jones: Coined "freedom fries" for Iraq War; but later opposed war.
Nikema Williams: Find a permanent pathway to citizenship for DREAMers.
Jason Crow: Introduced Public Oversight of Detention Centers Act.
Susie Lee: Against funding ill-conceived border wall.
Susie Lee: Secure border by investing in people, technology.
Jared Golden: Reform immigration system; secure our borders.
Kelly Armstrong: Secure border, then conversations on immigration issues.
Dan Bishop: The number one industry in my district is agriculture.
Principles & Values|
Nikema Williams: Sees her story, born in South Korea, as the American dream.
Lauren Underwood: I get stopped and told I'm not supposed to be where I am.
Kim Schrier: When something is wrong in the world, make it a better place.
Ilhan Omar: Don't tolerate anti-Semitism even from members of Congress.
Walter Beaman Jones: Served in NC House as Democrat; then US House as Republican.
Steve King: Condemned on House floor for racist remarks.
Steve King: When did "white nationalist" become offensive language?
Chris Pappas: No cuts to Social Security & Medicare to sustain tax cuts.
Ben McAdams: Bipartisan effort with Mitt Romney to shore up entitlements.
John Rose: Everything needs to be on the table for Social Security.
Jay Obernolte: Long record of fighting for lower taxes.
War & Peace|
Walter Beaman Jones: My 2001 pro-Iraq war vote helped kill 4,000 Americans.
The above quotations are from News coverage of 2019 House of Representatives incumbents.
Special coverage of "Blue Wave" states:
CA: 7 new House members including 6 Democrats and 5 Democratic takeovers
FL: 5 new House members including 2 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
MI: 5 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
MN: 5 new House members including 3 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers (and 1 Republican takeover!)
NJ: 4 new House members including 4 Democrats and 3 Democratic takeovers
NY: 4 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
PA: 7 new House members including 4 Democrats and 4 Democratic takeovers (with statewide redistricting)
TX: 10 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
VA: 5 new House members including 3 Democrats and 3 Democratic takeovers
All other states: 51 new House members including 17 Democratic takeovers
Endorsements: Organizational endorsements of new House members, from groups that focus on one issue
2019 House incumbents: continuing coverage of the 116th Congress
Conclusion: the "Blue Wave" means Democrats took over Congress but the rest is media hype.