Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Meet the Press interviews during 2019
(Chuck Todd interviewing candidates for 2019-2020 races)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Meet the Press interviews during 2019 (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (7) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Andrew Yang (2) Democratic candidate for President; CEO
- Bernie Sanders (5) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Beto O`Rourke (3) Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Cory Booker (3) New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Deval Patrick (2) Massachusetts Democratic Governor
- Donald Trump (7) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Jay Inslee (4) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- John Hickenlooper (2) Colorado Democratic Colorado Governor
- Julian Castro (2) Texas Mayor of San Antonio; HUD Secretary
- Michael Bennet (3) Colorado Democratic candidate for President; Colorado Senator
- Mitt Romney (3) Massachusetts Former GOP Governor (2003-2006); Pres. candidate (2008)
- Pete Buttigieg (15) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Tom Steyer (1) Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
A long-standing political tradition is the Sunday morning talk show,
beginning with "Meet the Press" in 1947.
Currently, five separate "talking head" programs appear on five different TV stations every Sunday morning.
OnTheIssues.org excerpts all five of the shows, listed below, with their respective interviewing pundits and each pundit's political affiliation:
- ABC This Week: (Martha Raddatz & George Stephanopoulos; liberal; from Bill Clinton's staff)
- CNN "State of the Union": (Jake Tapper and Dana Bash; moderate liberal)
- Fox News Sunday: (Chris Wallace and Bret Baier; conservative)
- Meet the Press: (Chuck Todd; moderate)
- CBS Face the Nation: (Margaret Brennan and John Dickerson; moderate)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bernie Sanders: No anti-choice appointments to Supreme Court.
Pete Buttigieg: Abortion is moral question decided by woman, not government.
John Hickenlooper: Against fetal heartbeat laws; favors access to contraception.
Budget & Economy|
Donald Trump: Economy was ready to collapse in 2016; now it's the best.
Pete Buttigieg: Government investment can help minority businesses.
Andrew Yang: Exposing stereotypes helps dispel them.
Cory Booker: Not enough to say "not a hatemonger myself".
Cory Booker: Next president must talk openly and honestly about race.
Julian Castro: Passed ground-breaking rule furthering fair housing.
Amy Klobuchar: Government must address integrity of elections.
Pete Buttigieg: Address racial divide by showing up & building trust.
Amy Klobuchar: Reparations can mean investing in communities.
Pete Buttigieg: Capitalism is good, but it must be subject to rules.
Pete Buttigieg: Justice is blind; appointees should uphold that principle.
Cory Booker: The war on drugs has been a war on people.
Amy Klobuchar: An infrastructure plan that includes schools.
Energy & Oil|
Bernie Sanders: Not enough to beat Trump; must beat fossil fuel industry.
Jay Inslee: Keep options open, including research on nuclear energy.
Pete Buttigieg: Restore U.S. credibility by leading world on big challenges.
Donald Trump: Not looking for war, but Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon.
Pete Buttigieg: Regional & global allies have interest in Middle East peace.
Pete Buttigieg: Work with allies in region & elsewhere on Middle East.
Bernie Sanders: Even-handed Mideast policy; open to moving Jerusalem embassy.
Bernie Sanders: Must support human rights, even with trading partners.
Amy Klobuchar: Military an option in Venezuela, but focus on diplomacy.
Pete Buttigieg: Invest in domestic competitiveness to stay ahead of China.
Donald Trump: Electoral College brings you to many states.
Pete Buttigieg: Change the way Supreme Court nominees are picked.
Pete Buttigieg: Common sense gun control can work under Second Amendment.
Deval Patrick: Would support public option; open to other points of view.
Donald Trump: Decided not to kill ObamaCare, but still it's not good.
Bernie Sanders: Medicare-for-All will lead to stability, not disruption.
Michael Bennet: Public option better than Medicare for All.
Jay Inslee: Public option; more access to Medicare by lowering age.
Mitt Romney: Repeal Obamacare; Federal-state partnerships instead.
Amy Klobuchar: We can bring drug prices down; Trump can't.
Michael Bennet: Make public plan optional; others can keep private insurance.
Julian Castro: Independent immigration courts will speed up asylum process.
Donald Trump: Democrats refuse to change asylum laws & loopholes.
Donald Trump: Didn't start family separation but ended it.
Beto O`Rourke: Immediately undo Trump actions; work with Congress.
Beto O`Rourke: Expedite citizenship process for legal residents & DREAMers.
Jay Inslee: More hearing officers to process asylum cases.
Jay Inslee: Against Muslim ban; not afraid of diversity.
Mitt Romney: Secure the borders; deport people here illegally.
Mitt Romney: Reluctantly supports DACA, but need to crack down.
Pete Buttigieg: Problem isn't ICE; it's what they're ordered to do.
John Hickenlooper: Need a comprehensive reevaluation of our immigration laws.
Andrew Yang: Trickle up: create jobs by giving people buying power.
Principles & Values|
Deval Patrick: Will accept Super PAC money; should be full disclosure.
Tom Steyer: To reach non-voters, be trustworthy, not calculating.
Pete Buttigieg: Rejecting foreign election interference isn't complicated.
Pete Buttigieg: Won't demand prosecution of Trump; that's AG's call.
Beto O`Rourke: Listen to voters, not special interests.
Michael Bennet: Continue investigations; see if public supports impeachment.
Amy Klobuchar: Hold president accountable with investigations & election.
Amy Klobuchar: Proposed new retirement accounts for those without.
Pete Buttigieg: Mustn't let China lead world on artificial intelligence.
War & Peace|
Donald Trump: Willing talk to Iran but they can't have nuclear weapons.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Amy Klobuchar Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Andrew Yang Democratic candidate for President; CEO
- Bernie Sanders Democratic Presidential candidate
- Beto O`Rourke Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Cory Booker New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Deval Patrick Massachusetts Democratic Governor
- Donald Trump Republican Presidential incumbent
- Jay Inslee Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- John Hickenlooper Colorado Democratic Colorado Governor
- Julian Castro Texas Mayor of San Antonio; HUD Secretary
- Michael Bennet Colorado Democratic candidate for President; Colorado Senator
- Mitt Romney Massachusetts Former GOP Governor (2003-2006); Pres. candidate (2008)
- Pete Buttigieg Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Tom Steyer Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
The above quotations are from Meet the Press interviews during 2019
(Chuck Todd interviewing candidates for 2019-2020 races).