Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Georgia Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 GA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Brian Kemp (1) Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- David Perdue (10) Republican challenger Georgia
- John James (1) Republican Senate challenger Michigan
- Johnny Isakson (1) Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Georgia
- Ted Terry (11) Democratic Senate challenger Georgia
- Teresa Tomlinson (21) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Georgia
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Georgia 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- This is coverage of the regularly-scheduled 6-year Senate election; Georgia also has a special election for a 2-year Senate term to replace retiring Senator Johnny Isakson.
- Under the Radar Mag, "Mayor Ted Terry on Running for Senate in Georgia," by Steve King, Dec 19, 2019
- Times-Enterprise, "Tomlinson says track record shows she can deliver," by Erik Yabor, Aug 7, 2019
- ProjectQ.us blog, "'Queer Eye' Clarkston Mayor Ted Terry running for U.S. Senate," by Patrick Saunders, Jul 24, 2019
- Georgia Public Broadcasting, GPB NPR, "Clarkston Mayor Ted Terry Joins Democratic Race For 2020 Senate," by Stephen Fowler, 7/10/19
- Metro Atlanta CEO, "Perdue Honored By Marsy's Law For Georgia," May 31, 2019
- The Roanoke Times, "What Georgia voters should know about Teresa Tomlinson," May 18, 2019
- Project Q Atlanta, "Tomlinson touts LGBTQ record in run for U.S. Senate," by Patrick Saunders, May 16, 2019
- Press release, "Perdue Announces Support For Improved First Step Act," 12.10.18
- ABC News, "Perdue rips phone out of student's hand as he's asking question," by Mark Osborne, Oct 15, 2018
- White House press release, "WTAS: Support for President Trump's Successful Trade Negotiations with Mexico and Canada," Oct. 2, 2018
- NewsHounds.US, "Black Republican Candidate John James To Assure Us Trump Is Not A Racist," August 12, 2018
- CityLab.com blog, "What Happens When a Georgia Mayor Gets a Queer Eye Makeover," by Claire Tran, August 3, 2018
- RollCall.com, "Trump Helsinki Remarks Expose GOP Divide on Foreign Policy," by Rachel Oswald, July 18, 2018
- USA Today, "Rising debt is greatest national security threat. Here's how to fix it," by David Perdue, Oct. 5, 2017
- US Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC.org), "400+ Georgia Leaders Back Diplomacy to Advance US Interests Overseas," 8/25/17
- Georgia Public Broadcasting, "Perdue Urges Diplomatic Response To North Korea," by Max Moran, Aug 25, 2017
- GeorgiaPol.com, "David Perdue Wrong on Justice Reform," by Jason Pye, May 2, 2016
- Albany Herald, "Perdue outlines three crises in maiden Senate speech," by Jim Hendricks, Apr 27, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Teresa Tomlinson: A woman is the sole fiduciary of her body and any pregnancy.
Johnny Isakson: Returned from surgery to defund Planned Parenthood.
Budget & Economy|
Teresa Tomlinson: Invest in infrastructure for rural farmers.
Teresa Tomlinson: Expand Voting Rights Act; end voter suppression.
Ted Terry: Made Election Day a city holiday.
Ted Terry: Registered 8000 new Americans as voters over six years.
Teresa Tomlinson: Add sexual orientation & gender identity to Civil Rights Act.
Ted Terry: Prioritize Equality Act; overturn transgender military ban.
Brian Kemp: OpEd: refuses to process thousands of voter registrations.
David Perdue: OpEd: avoids voter suppression questions.
John James: Trump policies good for African-Americans & elevate everyone.
Teresa Tomlinson: End abuse of cash bail bonds & for-profit prisons.
Teresa Tomlinson: Fund reentry programs and restore voting rights to ex-felons.
Ted Terry: Supports "civilian-led policing" board hiring, firing police.
David Perdue: Supports expanding rights of crime victims.
David Perdue: Supported First Step Act with restrictions.
David Perdue: Opposed Sentencing Reform Act as too lenient.
Teresa Tomlinson: Remove marijuana from Controlled Substance Act schedule.
Teresa Tomlinson: End sentencing disparities between crack and powder cocaine.
Ted Terry: Decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana.
Teresa Tomlinson: Led the fight to save women's college from shutting down.
Energy & Oil|
Teresa Tomlinson: Clean economy will create jobs, lower energy costs.
Ted Terry: Commitment to 100% clean energy transition.
Ted Terry: Climate change is personal because I'm 36, will be around.
Teresa Tomlinson: My support for Israel is unshakable.
Teresa Tomlinson: Restore and support our traditional alliances.
David Perdue: Defends Trump on Putin; must engage with Russia.
David Perdue: National debt impacts our foreign policy.
David Perdue: US should provide aid to encourage development.
Teresa Tomlinson: Reject policies that put our farmers at disadvantage.
David Perdue: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
Teresa Tomlinson: Universal background checks; assault weapon ban.
Ted Terry: 2nd Amendment doesn't mean unfettered access to guns.
Teresa Tomlinson: Lower Medicare eligibility to 55, offer public option.
Teresa Tomlinson: Concerned about closure of rural hospitals.
David Perdue: US must address global security crisis with strong defense.
Teresa Tomlinson: End family separation & citizenship for DREAMers.
Ted Terry: Refugees exemplify the best of what America offers.
Teresa Tomlinson: Support right to organize & protect benefits.
Teresa Tomlinson: Raise minimum wage to $15 with cost of living adjustments.
Ted Terry: Raised city minimum wages to $15 an hour.
Principles & Values|
Ted Terry: Prefers evidence-based policy making.
War & Peace|
Teresa Tomlinson: Congress should vote on war actions, including Afghanistan.
Teresa Tomlinson: Sanctions against Iran, but diplomacy as well.
David Perdue: North Korean sanctions prove diplomacy succeeds.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Brian Kemp Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- David Perdue Republican challenger Georgia
- John James Republican Senate challenger Michigan
- Johnny Isakson Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Georgia
- Ted Terry Democratic Senate challenger Georgia
- Teresa Tomlinson Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Georgia
The above quotations are from 2020 Georgia Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)