Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 New Hampshire Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 NH Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Sununu (5) New Hampshire Republican Governor
- Karen Testerman (9) New Hampshire Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Tom Sherman (11) New Hampshire NH Governor challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 New Hampshire Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Portsmouth Herald, "NH governor's race debate: Sherman, Sununu battle over abortion, energy," by Holly Ramer, 10/26/22, (Link)
- CNN: Transcript of "State of the Union": Interview With Gov. Chris Sununu (R-NH). moderated by Dana Bash, August 28, 2022, (Link)
- Fox: Transcript of 'Fox News Sunday' hosts Republican Governor Chris Sununu of New Hampshire; moderated by Trace Gallagher, August 21, 2022, (Link)
- The Keene Sentinel, "Republican candidates turn out to inaugural picnic at Wheelock Park," by Tim Nail, July 17, 2022
- Newsweek, "Sununu Slams 'No Exception' Abortion Ban Backed by Fellow GOP Gov. Noem," by Fatma Khaled, 7/10/22
- New York Post, "Gov. Sununu says he would 'fire' Treasury Secretary Yellen for inflation comments," by Mark Moore, July 10, 2022
- Marshall News Messenger, "David Shribman: Road connects state's past to present," by David M. Shribman, Jun 18, 2022
- WMUR, "Testerman files to run against Sununu again," by Adam Sexton, Jun 7, 2022
- The New Hampshire Center for Public Interest Journalism, "Senate Expands Gun Rights, Limits State of Emergency Powers," by Thomas P. Caldwell, January 5, 2022
- WMUR, "Karen Testerman, running again for governor, says, 'I'm not a protest candidate'," by John DiStaso, Jul 29, 2021
- Concord Monitor, "Splinter Republican representatives sign "termination of the state" document calling Sununu a 'tyrant'," by Ethan DeWitt, 12/28/2020
- New Hampshire Public Radio, "Karen Testerman, Republican Candidate for Governor, Says She Would Nix All COVID-19 Executive Orders," by Rick Ganley & Mary McIntyre, September 3, 2020
- Concord Monitor, "Karen Testerman, Franklin conservative, challenges Sununu for governor over Stay at Home order ," by Ethan DeWitt, 6/12/2020
- USA Today, "Don't force Boy Scouts to give up their rights," by Karen Testerman, LuAnne Dietz and Ellen Samek, April 3, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Chris Sununu: Disagrees with states having no exception abortion bans.
Tom Sherman: Supports a full range of reproductive health care services.
Budget & Economy|
Chris Sununu: Can't add $5T to balance sheet and hope it goes away.
Karen Testerman: Not necessarily a revenue problem but a spending problem.
Tom Sherman: Invest in infrastructure to support building housing.
Karen Testerman: Against banning of discredited gay conversion therapy.
Tom Sherman: Ensure full range of services for substance use disorder.
Tom Sherman: Fully support our public schools, not private schools.
Chris Sununu: Student loan forgiveness will lead to higher taxes.
Chris Sununu: Government getting involved in education doesn't go well.
Energy & Oil|
Tom Sherman: Expand our investments in renewable energy sources.
Chris Sununu: Renewables don't lower energy costs; look at your bill.
Tom Sherman: Aggressively embrace renewable energy & lower energy costs.
Tom Sherman: Helped set some of the country's toughest water standards.
Karen Testerman: State vaccine mandate was government overreach.
Tom Sherman: Worked on making elections safe during pandemic.
Tom Sherman: Colleges should be able to ban firearms on campus.
Karen Testerman: Vaccine mandate unconstitutional; violates Geneva Convention.
Tom Sherman: Helped expand health coverage to more than 50,000 people.
Principles & Values|
Karen Testerman: Slogan: Together We Can Make New Hampshire Great Again.
Karen Testerman: We've got to put God back in our country again.
Karen Testerman: BSA changing sexual orientation policy leads to atheism.
Karen Testerman: Signed letter declaring state government illegitimate.
Tom Sherman: Never voted for any income tax or sales tax; would veto.
Welfare & Poverty|
Karen Testerman: Not always government's responsibility to care for the poor.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chris Sununu New Hampshire Republican Governor
- Karen Testerman New Hampshire Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Tom Sherman New Hampshire NH Governor challenger
The above quotations are from 2022 New Hampshire Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: