Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Campaign promises compared to follow-up actions taken by the Biden Administration
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Biden campaign vs. Biden administration (number of quotes indicated):
- Antony Blinken (12) Secretary of State
- Bernie Sanders (1) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Bill Nelson (5) Florida NASA Administrator
- Jennifer Granholm (4) Michigan DOE Secretary
- Joe Biden (1) Democratic V.P.
- Marco Rubio (1) FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Pete Buttigieg (3) Indiana DOT Secretary
- Susan Rice (4) Maine Domestic Policy
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles by/on the Biden Administration:
- DOD: Business Insider "Sexual abuse is a deep-rooted issue in the US military," by Sophia Ankel, Feb. 7, 2021
- DHS: Reuters, "Biden's Homeland Security czar vows to fight domestic terrorism," by Alexandra Alper, February 6, 2021
- State Department Press Statement, "Suspending and Terminating the Asylum Cooperative Agreements with the Governments El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras," February 6, 2021
- (NPR on DOD): "Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Signs Military 'Stand Down' Memo to Address Extremism," by Jason Slotkin, February 6, 2021
- State Department readout, "Secretary Blinken's Call with PRC Director Yang," February 5, 2021
- DHS Readout of Secretary Mayorkas' Call with Pedro Pierluisi, Governor of Puerto Rico, February 5, 2021
- State Department readout, "Secretary Blinken's Call with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov," February 4, 2021
- State Department Press Statement, "Advancing the Human Rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex Persons Around the World," February 4, 2021
- Politico.com, "Biden, in first trade move, reimposes a Trump tariff," by Doug Palmer, 02/01/2021
- State Department readout, "Secretary Blinken's Call with Indian External Affairs Minister Jaishankar," January 29, 2021
- State Department readout, "Secretary Blinken's Call with Pakistani Foreign Minister Qureshi," January 29, 2021
- State Department Press Statement, "Prioritizing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Reproductive Rights in U.S. Foreign Policy," January 28, 2021
- State: Press Release, "Secretary Blinken's First Call with Israeli Foreign Minister Ashkenazi," January 27, 2021
- Common Dreams blog, "Bernie Sanders and Our Winter of Progressive Discontent," by Norman Solomon, December 14, 2020
- The Week newsmagazine, "Marco Rubio blasts Biden White House picks for Ivy League degrees--despite Trump administration's similar credentials," November 24, 2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Pete Buttigieg: Transportation decisions have hurt minority neighborhoods.
Energy & Oil|
Bill Nelson: Climate change, sea-level rise risk lives and property.
Antony Blinken: Work with other countries on climate; US can take lead.
Jennifer Granholm: Energy policy "all-in" with input from different groups.
Antony Blinken: Shoring up our democracy is a foreign policy imperative.
Antony Blinken: Working will allies & partners is enlightened self-interest.
Antony Blinken: We must engage China from a position of strength.
Antony Blinken: Focus must be trade policies benefiting all Americans.
Joe Biden: Reinstate Trump's 10% tariffs on aluminum from UAE.
Susan Rice: 2020 Election: Our democracy has held.
Susan Rice: Make Domestic Policy Council like National Security Council.
Antony Blinken: COVID: Ensure that a crisis like this won't happen again.
Antony Blinken: Diplomacy--not military action--will always come first.
Antony Blinken: Work to create a humane and effective immigration system.
Antony Blinken: Build a diverse national security workforce.
Principles & Values|
Bill Nelson: One of the rare civilians who has traveled to space.
Bill Nelson: Encouraged human spaceflight including mission to Mars.
Bill Nelson: Leader of NASA should not be political.
Antony Blinken: American leadership and engagement matter.
Antony Blinken: At our best US is a country with integrity and a heart.
Antony Blinken: Bring nonpartisanship back to our foreign policy.
Susan Rice: Well-honed interagency process and crisis management skills.
Jennifer Granholm: Aspired to be an actress; appeared on The Dating Game.
Jennifer Granholm: Was first female governor 15 years after moving to Michigan.
Pete Buttigieg: Can't keep letting infrastructure week be a punch line.
Susan Rice: Father Federal Reserve governor; mother crafted Pell Grants.
Jennifer Granholm: Supported investigation over Russian collusion.
Bernie Sanders: Progressives deserve important seats in Biden administration.
Marco Rubio: Ivy League degrees make caretakers of decline.
Bill Nelson: Cutting NASA budget could cause US to fall behind in space.
Pete Buttigieg: Put millions of new electric vehicles on America's roads.
The above quotations are from Campaign promises compared to follow-up actions taken by the Biden Administration.
Error processing SSI file