Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Promises Kept / Promises Broken
Comparison of Biden campaign vs. Biden Administration
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Biden: Promises Kept / Promises Broken (number of quotes indicated):
- Alejandro Mayorkas (1) Secretary of DHS
- Joe Biden (54) Democratic President; former V.P.; former Senator
- Susan Rice (1) Maine Domestic Policy
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
- Reuters, "Biden to build more US border wall using Trump-era funds," by Mica Rosenberg and Nandita Bose, October 6, 2023, (Link)
- CNBC, "White House speeds up additions to Trump border wall years after Biden vowed 'not another foot'," by Emma Kinery, Oct 5, 2023, (Link)
- Politico.com, "Biden angers allies, fails to soothe critics with compromise on Alaska oil," by Ben Lefebvre and Zack Colman, 03/13/2023, (Link)
- CNN, "Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps toward decriminalization," by Kevin Liptak, October 6, 2022, (Link)
- CNN, "Ketanji Brown Jackson becomes first Black woman confirmed to Supreme Court," by Maureen Chowdhury, Ji Min Lee, Meg Wagner and Melissa Macaya, April 8, 2022
- Business Insider, "Biden almost forgot to announce his promise to appoint a Black woman to the Supreme Court during a primary debate," by Brent D. Griffiths, Jan 26, 2022
- NBC News, "Biden got his infrastructure win, but political rewards are less clear," by Shannon Pettypiece, Nov. 7, 2021
- White House Fact Sheet: "Biden Administration Takes Steps to Address COVID-19 in Rural America and Build Rural Health Back Better," 8/13/21
- en.as.com, "How many stimulus checks have been sent since March 2020?", by William Gittins, July 23, 2021
- Bloomberg.com Politics: "Republican Senators Urge Biden to End Trump-Initiated Trade War," by Laura Davison, July 1, 2021
- NBC News, "Biden administration announces reversal of Trump-era limits on protections for transgender people in health care," by Rebecca Shabad, May 10, 2021
- White House press release, "Statement by President Joe Biden on Refugee Admissions," May 03, 2021
- White House press release, "$15 for Federal Contractors," April 27, 2021
- NBC News, "Biden calls mass killing of Armenians a 'genocide'," by Shannon Pettypiece, April 24, 2021
- NPR, "At Climate Summit, Biden Stresses U.S. Commitment and Economic Opportunity," by Scott Detrow, April 22, 2021
- The National News, "DC statehood: would a Biden victory make it possible?", by Cody Combs, 4/21/20
- WTOP, "Biden administration officially backs DC statehood," by Colleen Kelleher, April 20, 2021
- NBC News, "Biden administration will keep cap on refugees at Trump administration levels," By Lauren Egan, Peter Alexander and Kristen Welker, April 16, 2021
- CNN, "Six key takeaways from Biden's Russia sanctions announcement," by Jeremy Herb, Brian Fung and Marshall Cohen, April 15, 2021
- NPR, "Biden Administration Moves To Undo Trump Abortion Rules For Title X," April 14, 2021
- Reuters, "Biden ready to announce U.S. withdrawal, even as peace eludes Afghanistan," by Phil Stewart, Steve Holland, April 14, 2021
- Politico.com, "Biden White House puts its police oversight commission on ice," by Laura Barron-Lopez, 04/11/2021
- White House press release, "President Biden to Sign Executive Order Creating the Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court," April 09, 2021
- White House press release, "Biden-Harris Administration Announces Initial Actions to Address the Gun Violence Public Health Epidemic", April 7, 2021
- Military Times, "Reversing Trump, Pentagon releases new transgender policies," by Lolita C. Baldor, March 31, 2021
- NBC News, "Biden expected to hit goal of 100 million vaccination shots Friday," by Lauren Egan, March 18, 2021
- CNN, "Biden to sign executive orders establishing Gender Policy Council and addressing sexual violence in education," by Jason Hoffman and Paul LeBlanc, March 8, 2021
- Financial Times, "Joe Biden enlists 'Quad' allies to counter China," by Demetri Sevastopulo & Amy Kazmin, March 7, 2021
- NBC News, "'Let the people vote': Biden signs executive order to expand voting access," by Allan Smith, March 7, 2021
- CNN, "Here's what's in the Senate stimulus plan," by Tami Luhby and Katie Lobosco, March 6, 2021
- Associated Press, "Analysis: Biden retreats from vow to make pariah of Saudis," by Ellen Knickmeyer, March 2, 2021
- The Hill, "Biden offers support to union organizing efforts," by Justine Coleman, 02/28/21
- The Conversation e-zine, "Biden's Cabinet of many women shows other world leaders that US takes gender equality seriously," by John Scherpereel, Melinda Adams, & Suraj Jacob, February 22, 2021
- Albany Times Union, "Jen Psaki wants to change White House press and where administration 'misunderstood'," by Emilie Munson, Feb. 22, 2021
- White House Executive Order on Rebuilding and Enhancing Programs to Resettle Refugees and Planning for the Impact of Climate Change on Migration, February 04, 2021
- White House Memorandum on Advancing the Human Rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex Persons Around the World, February 04, 2021
- White House Executive Order on the Establishment of Interagency Task Force on the Reunification of Families, February 02, 2021
- White House Executive Order on Creating a Comprehensive Regional Framework to Address the Causes of Migration, February 02, 2021
- White House Executive Order on Strengthening Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act, January 28, 2021
- Time magazine, "Biden is Rescinding the 'Global Gag Rule' on Abortions Abroad. But Undoing Trump's Effects Will Take Time," by Abigail Abrams, January 28, 2021
- White House Executive Order on Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad, January 27, 2021
- White House Executive Order on Protecting the Federal Workforce and Requiring Mask-Wearing, January 20, 2021
- Newsweek, "Biden Promises 100 Million COVID Vaccine Shots by April 30, Will Cut Federal Red Tape to Do It," by Elizabeth Crisp, 1/15/21
- CNBC, "Biden wants to increase stimulus checks to $2,000. Here's what we know about those payments," by Lorie Konish, Jan 14, 2021
- CNBC, "Biden's stimulus proposal would boost these tax credits for families," by Darla Mercado, Jan 14 2021
- FMLA Insights, "Joe Biden Unveils his Plan for Paid Leave," by Jeff Nowak, January 15, 2021
- CNBC, "Biden pledges to help fix the child-care crisis in America," by Michelle Fox, Jan 15, 2021
- Third 2020 Presidential Debate, moderated by Kristen Welker, Oct 22, 2020
- Politico.com, "After dodging questions about court packing, Biden floats commission to study judicial reforms," by Caitlin Oprysko, 10/22/2020
- CNN Town Hall 2020 drive-in with Anderson Cooper, Sep 17, 2020
- CNN S.C. Town Hall amid 2020 primaries, Mar 27, 2020
- CNN Democratic Presidential Primary Debate transcript [on oil drilling on federal land], March 15, 2020, (Link)
- 11th Democratic primary debate (Biden-Sanders one-on-one), Mar 15, 2020
- 8th Democrat 2020 primary debate, St. Anselm College in NH, Feb 7, 2020
- CNN LGBT Town Hall 2020, Oct 10, 2019
- June Democratic Primary debate (second night in Miami), Jun 27, 2019
- Joe Biden OpEd in Washington Post (2020 Democratic primary) , Jun 25, 2019
- Miami Herald OpEd by 2020 presidential hopefuls , Jun 24, 2019
- CNN, "Joe Biden supports decriminalizing marijuana, stops short of calling for legalization," by Arlette Saenz, May 16, 2019, (Link)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Joe Biden: Restore federal Title X family planning program.
Joe Biden: Rescind Mexico City Policy "global gag rule".
Budget & Economy|
Joe Biden: COVID relief: 478 million stimulus check payments.
Joe Biden: $130 billion in stimulus aid to counties and cities.
Joe Biden: Appoint Cabinet who look like the country they serve.
Joe Biden: No police reform commission despite campaign promise.
Joe Biden: Social & economic support services to deter violent behavior.
Susan Rice: Supports George Floyd Justice in Policing Act.
Joe Biden: Pardon people in federal jail for smoking marijuana.
Joe Biden: $200B in emergency COVID funding for K-12 schools.
Energy & Oil|
Joe Biden: Convened "climate world summit"; cut US emissions in half.
Joe Biden: FactCheck:US rejoined world in GHG reduction, not vice-versa.
Joe Biden: Appoint Special Envoy for Climate; recognize climate crisis.
Joe Biden: No drilling on 16M acres in Alaska; but other drilling OK.
Families & Children|
Joe Biden: Fund "red flag" laws for family members at extreme risk.
Joe Biden: Guarantee education free from gender-based violence.
Joe Biden: No mandatory paid family and sick leave in COVID relief.
Joe Biden: Expand the child tax credit to $3,000 for each child.
Joe Biden: $39B to child care providers for COVID relief & stimulus.
Joe Biden: Recognized 1915 Turkish genocide of millions of Armenians.
Joe Biden: Sanctions on Russia for interference in 2020 election.
Joe Biden: No punishment for Saudis killing Jamal Khashoggi.
Joe Biden: Promote LGBTQI+ rights worldwide via State Department.
Joe Biden: Regional Asian alliance with Japan, India and Australia.
Joe Biden: Biden administration officially backs statehood for DC.
Joe Biden: Commission of experts to decide on expanding Supreme Court.
Joe Biden: Make it easier for overseas and federal employees to vote.
Joe Biden: Daily press briefings for White House, State Dept., and DOD.
Joe Biden: No bill repealing liability protection for gun manufacturers.
Joe Biden: Treat gun violence as a public health epidemic.
Joe Biden: Regulate "ghost guns" and 3D-printed gun parts.
Joe Biden: No transgendered discrimination by healthcare providers.
Joe Biden: Made 100M vaccination goal, but not 70% goal.
Joe Biden: Mandate COVID masks in all federal buildings.
Joe Biden: Re-open ACA enrollment; restore ObamaCare to pre-Trump level.
Joe Biden: Cap insurance at 8.5% of income instead of 10%.
Joe Biden: $119 billion to build public confidence in vaccines.
Joe Biden: $8.5 billion for rural hospitals, for telehealth & COVID.
Joe Biden: Kept promise to allow transgendered to serve in military.
Joe Biden: Refugee cap up from 15,000 to 62,500, but promised 125,000.
Joe Biden: Promised 125,000 refugees; but accepted fewer than Trump.
Joe Biden: Revoke Trump's ban on refugees seeking asylum.
Joe Biden: Task Force on Reunification of Families at Mexican border.
Joe Biden: Focus on causes of migration within Northern Triangle.
Alejandro Mayorkas: We'd like to stop border wall, but Congress required it.
Joe Biden: Promised "not another foot of wall"; but added Southern wall.
Joe Biden: Federal jobs: let's not just praise them, let's pay them.
Joe Biden: Support union organizing at Amazon and elsewhere.
Joe Biden: Extended unemployment benefits for COVID, to contractors too.
Joe Biden: Largest investment ever to restore crumbling infrastructure.
War & Peace|
Joe Biden: Criticized Trump on Russian bounties; then did nothing.
Joe Biden: Final withdrawal from Afghanistan by Sept. 11, 2021.
Welfare & Poverty|
Joe Biden: Gave up on $15 minimum wage in Congressional bills.
Joe Biden: $880M for SNAP food stamps; let's increase to $3B.
Joe Biden: $20 billion for moratorium on evictions and foreclosures.
Joe Biden: Expand the earned income tax credit.
The above quotations are from Promises Kept / Promises Broken
Comparison of Biden campaign vs. Biden Administration.