Richard Madaleno on Families & Children
Stricter regulations on BPA, concussions, & child seats
OnTheIssues Q: what are your views on issues regarding Families & Children?
Source: OnTheIssues interview of 2018 Maryland Governor candidate
, Jun 1, 2018
- Voted YES on stripping parental rights from rapists
- Voted YES on allowing parents or guardians of minor children to apply on their behalf to outpatient alcohol or
drug abuse programs
- Voted YES on repealing weight exemption for children under age of 8 who must be in child safety seats
- Voted YES on banning child care products containing BPA
Voted YES on establishing program to loan hearing aids to parents of children under age of 3
- Voted YES on requiring creation of policies and program to provide concussion awareness to coaches, school personnel, parents, and children
Voted YES on requiring foster homes, family day care homes, and child care centers to have cordless window coverings
Voted for new birth certificates for sex changes
SB 743 Authorizes New Birth Certificates for Sex Changes
Bill Passed House (91-49); passed Senate (31-16); Sen. Madaleno voted YEA.
Source: VoteSmart synopsis of 2015-2016 Maryland legislative records
, Mar 21, 2015
- Requires the Secretary of Health and Mental Hygiene to make a new birth certificate for an
individual who has undergone treatment appropriate for a sex transition, including hormonal or surgical treatment, as determined by a licensed health care practitioner, and has made a written request for a new birth certificate;
The individual has an intersex condition as determined by a licensed health care practitioner, and has made a written request for a new birth certificate;
The individual has a court order indicating that his or her sex has changed; or
- The individual has a birth certificate that was amended before October 1, 2015, to reflect a different sex.
Page last updated: Jul 06, 2018