Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Alabama House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from AL legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- ACLU (2)
- Arnold Mooney (6) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- Bill Hightower (2) Republican U.S. Rep Alabama-1
- John Merrill (1) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- John Rogers (5) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- Kay Ivey (4) Alabama Republican Alabama Governor
- Robert Bentley (2) Alabama Republican Governor
- Vivian Davis Figures (6) Democratic Senate Challenger (2008); State Senator Alabama
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Alabama state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- AL-R - Bill Hightower - 2020 nominee for U.S. House AL-1 district
Member of the Alabama Senate, 35th district, 2013–2018
- AL-R - Barry Moore - 2020 nominee for U.S. House AL-2 district
Member of the Alabama House, 91st district, 2011-2018
- AL-R: Arnold Mooney - Candidate for U.S. Senate 2020
Member of the Alabama House of Representatives, 43rd district, since 2014
- AL-D: John Rogers - Candidate for U.S. Senate 2020
Member of the Alabama House of Representatives, 52nd district, since 1982
- AL-R Kay Ivey - Governor since 2017
Lt. Gov. under Robert Bentley until his resignation on April 10, 2017
- AL-R Robert Bentley - Governor 2011-2017
Member of the Alabama House of Representatives from the 63rd district In office 2002–2010
- AL-D Vivian Davis Figures
Member of the Alabama Senate from the 33rd district since 1997
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Merrill: Fought for legislation protecting the unborn.
Arnold Mooney: Supported restrictions on abortion in legislature.
Robert Bentley: Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to hate crime criteria.
Vivian Davis Figures: Voted YES on apology for wrongs of Alabama slavery.
Bill Hightower: End "government goodies" to attract out-of-state business.
ACLU: Chemical castration for sex offenders is unconstitutional.
Kay Ivey: Chemical castration for sex offenses against children.
Vivian Davis Figures: No chemical castration for sex offenses against children.
Arnold Mooney: Chemical castration for sex offenses against children.
John Rogers: No chemical castration for sex offenses against children.
Arnold Mooney: No separate sentencing trial in capital cases.
John Rogers: No separate sentencing trial in capital cases.
ACLU: Require unanimous jury for the death penalty.
Kay Ivey: One death verdict instead of separate sentencing trial.
Vivian Davis Figures: Keep separate sentencing trial in capital cases.
Kay Ivey: Establish commission to study legalizing medical marijuana.
Arnold Mooney: Don't study legalizing medical marijuana.
John Rogers: Establish commission to study legalizing medical marijuana.
Vivian Davis Figures: Establish commission to study legalizing medical marijuana.
Families & Children|
Arnold Mooney: Voted YES on churches declining foster kids to LGBT couples.
John Rogers: Skipped vote: churches declining foster kids to LGBT couples.
Kay Ivey: Churches may decline foster kids to same-sex couples.
Vivian Davis Figures: Voted NO on churches declining foster kids to LGBT couples.
John Rogers: Voted YES to prohibit money transfers between PACs.
Vivian Davis Figures: Voted YES to prohibit money transfers between PACs.
Robert Bentley: Veteran educational benefits after 1 month instead of 1 year.
Arnold Mooney: Forbid contracts that require union membership.
Bill Hightower: Supports a flat tax for Alabama.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Alabama House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- Alabama House Bill 336: iGamingBusiness.com, "New Alabama bill targets legal sports betting," 2 March 2020
- Birmingham News on HB 379, on chemical castration, 6/10/2019
- Birmingham News on SB 236, on medical marijuana, (Rogers & Mooney), 5/31/2019
- Birmingham News, "Rogers on his mistake and how Doug Jones 'hollered'," by Roy S. Johnson, May 06, 2019
- Alabama HB 24, on foster kids to LGBT couples, 4/27/2017
- Alabama SB 16, on ACLU vs. death penalty, 4/4/2017
- Birmingham News, "Sen. Bill Hightower wants a flat tax for Alabama. Should you?", by Cameron Smith, 5/10/2015, updated on 3/6/2019
- Alabama Bill HB400, on veteran educational benefits, (Robert Bentley), 1/21/2010
- Alabama HB829, on hate crime, (Robert Bentley), 5/6/2008
- Alabama HB 73, on money transfers between PACs, (John Rogers), 2/26/2008