Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Georgia House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from GA legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Brian Kemp (2) Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- Casey Cagle (2) Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- Hunter Hill (5) Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- Jason Carter (2) Georgia Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Karen Handel (1) Republican Challenger Georgia
- Keisha Lance Bottoms (1) Georgia Atlanta Mayor
- Nathan Deal (5) Georgia Republican Governor
- Sonny Perdue (9) Georgia USDA Secretary
- Stacey Abrams (13) Georgia Democratic nominee for Georgia Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Georgia state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- GA-D Ed Tarver - Challenger for Senate, 2020
Georgia State Senate District 22, 2005-2009
United States Attorney for the Southern District of Georgia. 2009-2017
- GA-R - Renee Unterman 2020 nominee for U.S. House GA-7 district
Member of the Georgia Senate, 45th district, since 2003
- GA-D Jason Carter - Challenger for Governor, 2014
Georgia State Senate District 42, 2010-2015
- GA-D Gloria Bromell Tinubu - candidate for U.S. Senate from South Carolina, 2020
Georgia state representative, HD-60, 2011-2012
Former candidate for Mayor of Atlanta
Candidate for U.S. Rep, SC-7th district, 2012 and 2014
Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of South Carolina in 2018
- GA-R Karen Handel - Republican Challenger Georgia
Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Georgia's 6th district, June 26, 2017-Jan.3, 2019
26th Secretary of State of Georgia, Jan.13, 2007-Jan.8, 2010
- GA-R Nathan Deal - Governor since 2011
Member of the Georgia Senate, 49th district, 1981-1992
- GA-R Sonny Perdue - Governor 2003-2011
U.S. Secretary of Agriculture since 2017
Member of the Georgia Senate, District 18, 1991 – 2002
- GA-R Brian Kemp - Candidate for Governor in 2018
Georgia Secretary of State since 2010
Member of the Georgia Senate, 46th district, 2003-2006
- GA-R Casey Cagle - 2018 candidate for Governor
Lieutenant Governor of Georgia since 2007
Member of the Georgia Senate, 49th district, 1995 – 2007
- GA-R Hunter Hill - 2018 candidate for Governor
Member of the Georgia Senate, 6th district, 2013 – 2017
- GA-D Stacey Abrams - 2018 candidate for Governor
Minority Leader of the Georgia House of Representatives, 2011 – 2017
Member of the Georgia House of Representatives, 89th district, 2013 – 2017
Member of the Georgia House of Representatives, 84th district, 2007 – 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Sonny Perdue: Establish a stem cell tissue bank from fetal sources.
Sonny Perdue: Require information session 24 hours before abortion.
Hunter Hill: Apply "religious liberty" to same-sex marriage.
Nathan Deal: Welcome everyone, instead of "religious liberty".
Stacey Abrams: Welcome everyone, instead of "religious liberty".
Stacey Abrams: Voted NO on 10-year minimum for assaulting a cop.
Stacey Abrams: Voted YES on criminalizing "up-skirting".
Energy & Oil|
Sonny Perdue: Commercial clean energy grants for solar, wind & geothermal.
Sonny Perdue: Lead business & trade delegation to Cuba.
Karen Handel: Join state business mission to China.
Sonny Perdue: Lead business & trade delegation to China.
Sonny Perdue: Make Atlanta hub for Central America FTAA trade.
Keisha Lance Bottoms: Opposes plan for state to take control of Atlanta airport.
Stacey Abrams: Exact-match process violates Voting Rights Act.
Stacey Abrams: Stop redistricting voters of color to dilute their votes.
Brian Kemp: Require voter ID to ensure purity of elections.
Casey Cagle: Require voter ID to ensure purity of elections.
Sonny Perdue: Require voter ID to ensure purity of elections.
Stacey Abrams: AR-15s are not necessary on our streets.
Stacey Abrams: Gun-carry license doesn't apply to "campus carry".
Nathan Deal: Veto "campus carry;" it won't make students safer.
Hunter Hill: Voted NO on "campus carry;" it won't make students safer.
Stacey Abrams: Voted NO on "campus carry;" it won't make students safer.
Nathan Deal: Prohibit healthcare plans from covering abortion.
Hunter Hill: Prohibit healthcare plans from covering abortion.
Jason Carter: Let ObamaCare plans cover abortion.
Stacey Abrams: Let ObamaCare plans cover abortion.
Stacey Abrams: Give military base residents tuition & teaching certificates.
Sonny Perdue: US military has kept America free for over 200 years.
Stacey Abrams: Colleges need not act as immigration enforcement officers.
Sonny Perdue: Check immigration status after minor offenses.
Brian Kemp: Check immigration status after minor offenses.
Casey Cagle: Check immigration status after minor offenses.
Principles & Values|
Nathan Deal: Place monument to Ten Commandments at State Capitol.
Hunter Hill: Place monument to Ten Commandments at State Capitol.
Stacey Abrams: Oppose monument to Ten Commandments at State Capitol.
Welfare & Poverty|
Nathan Deal: Require drug testing for food stamp recipients.
Hunter Hill: Require drug testing for food stamp recipients.
Jason Carter: No mandatory drug testing for food stamp recipients.
Stacey Abrams: No mandatory drug testing for food stamp recipients.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Georgia House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- Associated Press, "Georgia House backs anti-abortion measure," March 7, 2019
- CNN interviews on Georgia HB731, on AR-15s, (Stacey Abrams), 11/4/2018
- Georgia HB 37 (and several other bills) from 2018 Georgia gubernatorial campaign website (House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams), Mar 30, 2017
- AJC on HB 757, on religious liberty, 4/9/2016
- AJC on HB 859, on campus carry, 3/11/2016
- Georgia HB 772, on drug testing for food stamps, (Hunter Hill & Nathan Deal), 4/29/2014
- Georgia SB 98, on covering abortion, (Hunter Hill & Stacey Abrams), 3/18/2014
- Georgia HB 702, on Ten Commandments, (Hunter Hill & Stacey Abrams), 3/3/2014
- Press release on Georgia HB473, on clean energy grants, (Sonny Perdue), 4/22/2009
- Georgia SB596, on stem cell tissue bank, (Sonny Perdue), 4/14/2006
- Georgia SB 529, on immigration status after minor offenses, (Brian Kemp & Casey Cagle), 3/27/2006
- Georgia SB 84, on voter ID, (Brian Kemp & Casey Cagle), 1/24/2006
- Press release on HB197, on 24 hours before abortion, (Sonny Perdue), 5/10/2005