Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Louisiana House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from LA legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Bobby Jindal (4) Louisiana Republican 2016 Presidential candidate
- Foster Campbell (5) Democratic candidate for Senate Louisiana
- John Bel Edwards (5) Louisiana Democratic Governor
- Lance Harris (4) Republican U.S. Rep Louisiana-5
- Murphy Foster (2) Louisiana Former Republican Governor (1996-2003)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Louisiana state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- LA-R - Lance Harris - 2020 nominee for U.S. House LA-5 district
Chairman of the Republican Delegation, 2013-2019
Member of the Louisiana House, 25th district, since 2012
- LA-D John Bel Edwards, Governor of Louisiana since 2016
Minority Leader of the Louisiana House of Representatives, 2012-2015
Member of the Louisiana House of Representatives, 72nd district, 2008-2015
- LA-D Foster Campbell Democratic candidate for 2016 U.S. Senate
Member of the Louisiana Public Service Commission as of Jan.2003
Member of the Louisiana Senate, 36th district, December 1976-December 2002
- LA-R Murphy Foster, Louisiana Former Republican Governor (1996-2003)
53rd Governor of Louisiana, Jan.8, 1996 – Jan.12, 2004
Member of the Louisiana Senate from the 21st district
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Bel Edwards: Member of Democrats for Life, anti-choice group.
Bobby Jindal: Abortion doctors must have hospital admitting privileges.
John Bel Edwards: Abortion doctors must have hospital admitting privileges.
Lance Harris: Abortion doctors must have hospital admitting privileges.
Energy & Oil|
Foster Campbell: 3% tax on hydrocarbon processing facilities.
Foster Campbell: Ban possession of dogfighting paraphernalia.
Murphy Foster: Ban possession of dogfighting paraphernalia.
Foster Campbell: Bar election officials from campaigning for candidates.
Foster Campbell: Increase legislator limit from 5 bills to 15 per session.
Murphy Foster: Youth deer hunting season prior to regular season.
Foster Campbell: Youth deer hunting season prior to regular season.
Bobby Jindal: No medical school needed for optometrist eye surgeries.
John Bel Edwards: No medical school needed for optometrist eye surgeries.
Lance Harris: Require medical school for optometrist eye surgeries.
Bobby Jindal: Equal Pay for Women, but only for state employees.
John Bel Edwards: Equal Pay for Women, but only for state employees.
Lance Harris: Against Equal Pay for Women Act for state employees.
Bobby Jindal: Approved educational tax credit to offset tax increases.
John Bel Edwards: Opposed empty tax credit to offset tax increases.
Lance Harris: Approved educational tax credit to offset tax increases.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Louisiana House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- Christian Science Monitor, "Can 'pro-life Democrats' still find home in party?", by Jessica Mendoza, February 4, 2020
- SB 93: Baton Rouge Advocate, "Louisiana legislators pass $24 billion budget, end session," by Tyler Bridges, June 18, 2015
- HB388: Jurist blog, "Louisiana legislature approves restrictive abortion bill," by Max Slater, May 22, 2014
- HB1065: The New Orleans Times-Picayune, "Bill approved by Louisiana Legislature lets optometrists perform some eye surgeries," by Emily Lane, May 22, 2014
- SB153: National Women's Law Center, "Louisiana's Equal Pay for (State) Women Act Signed into Law," by Catherine Yourougou, June 21, 2013
- Louisiana SB1, on 3% hydrocarbon tax, (Foster Campbell), 4/29/2002
- Louisiana SB241, on campaigning for candidates, (Foster Campbell), 4/30/2002
- Louisiana SB5, on legislation limit 15 per session, (Foster Campbell), 1/22/2001
- Louisiana Act 734, on dogfighting paraphernalia, (Foster Campbell & Murphy Foster), 6/25/1999
- Louisiana SB866, on youth deer hunting season, (Foster Campbell & Murphy Foster), 6/9/1999