Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Washington House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from WA legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Creigh Deeds (1) Virginia Democrat Challenger (2009)
- Dino Rossi (2) Republican Challenger (2010) Washington
- Eddie Melton (1) Indiana Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Jay Inslee (4) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- Phil Fortunato (4) Washington Republican challenger for Governor
- Pramila Jayapal (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Washington- 7
- Ralph Northam (1) Virginia Democratic Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Washington state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- NC-R - Phil Fortunato - Candidate for Governor, 2020
Member of the Washington Senate, 31st district, since 2017
Member of the Washington House of Representatives, 47th district, 1999-2001
- WA-D - Pramila Jayapal - Elected 2016 to U.S. House
Member of the Washington Senate, 37th legislative district, 2015-2016
- WA-R - Chris Vance - 2016 candidate for U.S. Senate
former State Representative, 31st district, 1991-1994
former chair of the Washington State Republican Party
- WA-D - Jay Inslee - Governor since 2015
Member of the Washington House of Representatives, 14th district, 1989-1993
- WA-R - Cathy McMorris Rodgers - 2016 candidate for Governor
Member of the U.S. Hosue since 2013
Member of the Washington House of Representatives from the 7th district, 1994 – 2005
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Phil Fortunato: Celebrate the 100th anniversary of women's suffrage.
Phil Fortunato: Supports "panic defense" for anti-gay crimes.
Dino Rossi: Put child molesters in prison for life after second strike.
Jay Inslee: Pilot program for growing industrial hemp.
Eddie Melton: Opposes teaching creation science in public schools.
Jay Inslee: Create non-religious charter schools as open alternatives.
Jay Inslee: Reverse transfer credits toward associate degrees.
Pramila Jayapal: Create non-religious charter schools as open alternatives.
Families & Children|
Jay Inslee: Sex-ed in elementary school thru 12th grade.
Phil Fortunato: Urge governor to veto sex-ed bill.
Creigh Deeds: Postpone ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
Ralph Northam: Ban assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines.
Principles & Values|
Dino Rossi: In State Senate, my bills always had bipartisan support.
Phil Fortunato: Constitutional Amendment to keep taxes low & steady.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Washington House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- KOMO-FM News, "Gov. Inslee signs comprehensive sex education bill into law," March 27th 2020, on S.5395
- BillTrack50 on WA SR8670, Celebrating womens' right to vote (Phil Fortunato), 3/22/2020
- MYCB My Columbia Basin, "Lawmakers rally against sex-ed bill in Olympia," March 12, 2020, on S.5395
- BillTrack50 on Washington legislative voting record: SJR8219 (Phil Fortunato), 3/6/2020
- The Columbian, "Senate OKs Nikki Kuhnhausen Act," by Jeffrey Mize, February 26, 2020, on House Bill 1687
- League of Women Voters on 2018 Washington voting records, (Dino Rossi), 9/9/2018
- Seattle Times on Oregon Senate Bill 6206 and Senate Bill 6354 (Jay Inslee), 3/11/2016
- Washington RCW 28A.710.010, on non-religious charter schools, (Jay Inslee & Pramila Jayapal), 3/10/2016