Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
CommonDreams.org political reporting and commentary
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from CommonDreams.org (number of quotes indicated):
- Ajamu Baraka (3) Green Party nominee for Vice-President
- Bernie Sanders (3) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Beto O`Rourke (1) Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Bill Weld (1) Massachusetts Republican presidential primary challenger
- Donald Trump (1) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Hillary Clinton (1) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Howard Dean (2) Democrat
- Ilhan Omar (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Minnesota- 5
- Jay Inslee (1) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- Jill Stein (1) Green Challenger
- John Bolton (2) National Security Advisor
- Katie Porter (1) Democrat U.S. Rep California- 45
- Marty Walsh (1) Massachusetts Secretary of Labor
- Mike Pence (1) Indiana Republican Vice President
- Paula Jean Swearengin (1) Democratic candidate for West Virginia U. S. Senator West Virginia
- Pete Buttigieg (3) Indiana DOT Secretary
- Robert Reich (4) Massachusetts Former Dem. Challenger 2002, and Cabinet Sec'y
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from CommonDreams.org:
- 2020 MN-5 House race: "Ilhan Omar Slams Congress for Failing the Public on Covid Relief," by Jake Johnson, December 17, 2020
- 2021 Biden Administration: "Bernie Sanders and Our Winter of Progressive Discontent," by Norman Solomon, December 14, 2020
- (On H.R.4052)/a>: "Over 100 Groups Oppose Democrats' Energy Bill as Insufficient," by Seth Gladstone, September 23, 2020
- 2020-WV-Senate: Common_Dreams, "A Battle Cry From Appalachia: Progressive Paula Jean Swearengin Wins US Senate Primary," by Jessica Corbett, June 10, 2020
- 2020-Presidential: Common Dreams, "Sanders Demands Trump Rescind 'Truly Outrageous' Decision to Hand Gilead Exclusive Rights Over Possible Coronavirus Treatment," by Jake Johnson, March 25, 2020
- CommonDreams.org column by Robert Reich, 8/22/2016
- 2016-Presidential: CommonDreams.org column by Jill Stein, 7/12/2016
- "Shadowproof," by Kevin Gosztola, on Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton, 4/7/2016
- "Democracy Now!" interview of Robert Reich, 9/13/2013
- "Current TV" interview of Robert Reich, 2/28/2013
- "Iraq and White Supremacy", by Ajamu Baraka, 12/21/2011
- "Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty", by Ajamu Baraka, 10/19/2001
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Ilhan Omar: Congress should be embarrassed by small COVID relief.
Robert Reich: Trickle-down economics is bald-faced lie to protect the rich.
Pete Buttigieg: Calls for redistricting reform; questions Electoral College.
Robert Reich: Almost all post-Recession gains have gone to the top 1%.
Ajamu Baraka: Worked to abolish death penalty as human rights activist.
Ajamu Baraka: Abolition follows examining death penalty in a moral context.
Energy & Oil|
Bill Weld: Climate change is real, must be addressed.
Jay Inslee: We are last generation that can do something about climate.
Families & Children|
Katie Porter: Challenges CEO: provide way for families to make ends meet.
Pete Buttigieg: Supports Israel; situation more complex than seen in media.
Pete Buttigieg: Open to expanding judiciary in reaction to GOP actions.
Bernie Sanders: Ok to sue gun manufacturers if they sell for misuse.
Hillary Clinton: 2008: Fondly recalled being taught to shoot by grandfather.
Bernie Sanders: Wrong to give company exclusive rights to drug treatment.
Robert Reich: Single-payer healthcare system is inevitable.
Howard Dean: Missile defense programs only within ABM Treaty compliance.
Howard Dean: Redirect military spending rather than reduce defense budget.
Marty Walsh: Opposed Trump order on defunding sanctuary cities.
Principles & Values|
Bernie Sanders: Progressives deserve important seats in Biden administration.
John Bolton: OpEd: Wrote book instead of testimony at impeachment hearing.
Paula Jean Swearengin: When we unite for justice, we can accomplish our goals.
Mike Pence: Freedom, not socialism, made America great.
Jill Stein: Hillary supports Wall Street, war and the Walmart economy.
Beto O`Rourke: 2012: raise retirement age; apply means-testing.
Robert Reich: Taxing the rich does not slow the economy.
War & Peace|
Donald Trump: Canceled missile strike on Iran for drone shoot-down.
John Bolton: Supported missile strike on Iran for drone shoot-down.
Ajamu Baraka: Killing Saddam & Kaddafi were arrogant white supremacism .
The above quotations are from CommonDreams.org political reporting and commentary.