Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
The leading investigation team for the social, mobile generation
(Click for external website)
CNN's KFile digs up past statements which contrast with current statements from the same politicians:
The KFiles then asks the politican to explain their evolution or self-contradiction; OnTheIssues excerpts both the original statement (which is often long-hidden from public view) and the current explanation.
The KFiles focus on presidential contenders but also cover elected politicians, Cabinet members, and so on. Citations:
- On 2024_NC_Gov: "GOP frontrunner for NC governor mocked school shooting survivors and once justified shooting protesters," by Andrew Kaczynski and Em Steck, May 9, 2023, (Link)
- On 2022_AK_Senate: "Murkowski challenger wrote in support of 'ex-gay' organization and posts on evils of 'addictive' witchcraft and 'Twilight'," by Em Steck and Andrew Kaczynski, April 27, 2021
- (On 2021 House incumbents): "Marjorie Taylor Greene indicated support for executing prominent Democrats in 2018 and 2019 before running for Congress," by Em Steck and Andrew Kaczynski, January 26, 2021
- FactCheck: "From AIDS to Covid-19: Trump's decades of spreading dangerous misinformation about disease outbreaks," by Andrew Kaczynski, Nathan McDermott and Em Steck, May 30, 2020
- "Bloomberg once said Social Security was the biggest Ponzi scheme," by Andrew Kaczynski, Em Steck and Nathan McDermott, Feb. 26, 2020
- (On 2020 presidential hopefuls): "Bloomberg once said Social Security was the biggest Ponzi scheme and argued for cuts to entitlements," by Andrew Kaczynski, Em Steck and Nathan McDermott, February 26, 2020
- "Trump repeatedly claimed in 2011 and 2012 that Obama would start a war with Iran to win reelection," by Andrew Kaczynski, Jan. 4, 2020
- "Biden says he opposed the Iraq War. A check of his record shows otherwise," by N.McDermott & A.Kaczynski, 9/4/19
- (On Trump Cabinet): "Larry Kudlow once said Trump's proposed trade policies 'will pose incalculable damage' to US economy," by Em Steck and Andrew Kaczynski, 6/6/2019
- "Beto O'Rourke in 2012 said charter schools were a good idea," by Eric Bradner & Andrew Kaczynski, April 4, 2019
- "Gillibrand signed 2008 amicus brief in support of overturning DC handgun ban," by Andrew Kaczynski and Nathan McDermott, March 26, 2019
- "O`Rourke in 2012 said the US had an 'extravagant government',", by Andrew Kaczynski and Paul LeBlanc, March 19, 2019
- "Sanders in the 1970s urged nationalization of most major industries," by Andrew Kaczynski and Nathan McDermott, March 14, 2019
- "Takeaways from CNN's 2020 town halls at South by Southwest," by Eric Bradner and Dan Merica, March 11, 2019
- "Gabbard says deploying to the Middle East changed her views on LGBT rights," Eric Bradner, March 10, 2019
- "Biden in 1993 warned of 'predators on our streets'," by Andrew Kaczynski, March 7, 2019
- "Kamala Harris mischaracterizes policy on undocumented juveniles," by Nathan McDermott and Andrew Kaczynski, February 27, 2019
- "Trump's pick to lead the World Bank once described himself as 25-year opponent to the institution," by Andrew Kaczynski, February 14, 2019
- "Gillibrand went from pushing for more deportations to wanting to abolish ICE," by Andrew Kaczynski, January 31, 2019
- "Gillibrand: Previous immigration stances weren't 'empathetic'," by Devan Cole, January 20, 2019
- "Gabbard once touted working for anti-gay group that backed conversion therapy," by Andrew Kaczynski, January 17, 2019
- CNN KFile, "Hyde-Smith pushed resolution praising Confederate soldier's effort to 'defend his homeland'," by Eric Bradner and A.Kaczynski, Nov. 26, 2018
- "Republican accuses Democratic challenger of being OK with 'treason'," by Devan Cole, October 16, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Kelly Tshibaka: Wrote anti-gay article in law school, no longer her view.
Tulsi Gabbard: My time in the military changed my anti-gay views.
Tulsi Gabbard: I never personally supported gay conversion therapy.
Tulsi Gabbard: Early 2000s: supported father's antigay rights group.
Tulsi Gabbard: Actively supports equal rights on LGBTQ+ issues.
Bernie Sanders: 1976: I favor the public ownership of utilities & banks.
Bernie Sanders: 1970s: State should take over utilities without compensation.
Bernie Sanders: 1976: Relocating businesses must pay; for public ownership.
Joe Biden: 1993: Don't care why "predators" act; put them in jail.
Joe Biden: 1994 Crime Bill got help for first time offenders, not jail.
Joe Biden: Harsh sentences for crack were a mistake; worked to rectify.
Kelly Tshibaka: Linked drugs with witchcraft, demonic possession.
Beto O'Rourke: 2102: charters are a good idea tdat encourage competition.
Beto O'Rourke: Wife Amy headed a dual-language charter school.
Beto O'Rourke: My kids attend public schools; keep charters accountable.
Elizabeth Warren: Proposed all-voucher education; now opposes charters.
Energy & Oil|
John Delaney: Bipartisan carbon tax bill, but not the Green New Deal.
John Delaney: Don't believe Putin about Russian 2016 election interference.
Donald Trump: Nominates opponent of World Bank to lead World Bank.
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2008: signed amicus brief to overturn DC handgun ban.
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2009: Fight gun violence; 2010: "F" rating from NRA.
Mark Robinson: Opposed cancelling gun show after Parkland shooting.
Barack Obama: 2014: Africa travel ban to battle Ebola outbreak.
Bernie Sanders: 1970s: For socialized medicine, public drug companies owned.
Donald Trump: 1993: Falsely claimed you may get AIDS from kissing.
Mike Bloomberg: 2011: We're going to cut back Medicaid and Medicare.
Tulsi Gabbard: End this new cold war and nuclear arms race.
Kamala Harris: 2008: Supported SF policy reported arrested juveniles to ICE.
Kamala Harris: Reform system, against "vanity project" of border wall.
Kirsten Gillibrand: In House, took hardline for border security, ICE funding.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Hadn't understood issues, changed views in Senate.
Principles & Values|
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Promoted resolution celebrating Confederacy.
John Delaney: Independently wealthy but grew up in a blue collar family.
Marjorie Taylor Greene: To remove Pelosi: "Bullet to the head would be quicker".
Marjorie Taylor Greene: 2018: Pelosi should be executed for treason.
Pete Buttigieg: Yes, young, but more government experience than Pres. Trump.
Beto O`Rourke: 2012: Protect retirees, but make changes for the future.
Beto O`Rourke: 2012: Maybe raise age; 2019: Against raising age.
Mike Bloomberg: 2009: Called Social Security a "Ponzi scheme".
Bernie Sanders: 1974: 100% tax over $1 million.
War & Peace|
Joe Biden: FactCheck:No, didn't oppose Iraq War right after war started.
Pete Buttigieg: Don't let Iraq war supporters plan Venezuela invasion.
Tulsi Gabbard: U.S. government lied to American people to launch Iraq War.
Welfare & Poverty|
John Delaney: Social justice is fine, but separate church and state.
Pete Buttigieg: Scripture is about protecting the stranger and the poor.
The above quotations are from CNN Kfile
The leading investigation team for the social, mobile generation.