Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Omaha (Nebraska) World-Herald
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Omaha World-Herald (number of quotes indicated):
- Ben Sasse (4) Republican Jr Senator Nebraska
- Bob Krist (4) Nebraska Democratic Candidate for governor of Nebraska
- Dave Domina (3) Democratic Senate Challenger Nebraska
- Deb Fischer (7) Republican Senate Challenger Nebraska
- Don Stenberg (10) Former Republican Primary Challenger (2012) Nebraska
- Howard Schultz (1) Starbucks CEO; independent for President (suspended)
- Jane Raybould (5) Democratic candidate for Nebraska U.S. Senator Nebraska
- John Kasich (2) Ohio Republican Ohio Governor
- Jon Bruning (4) Nebraska Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Mike Johanns (4) Nebraska Former Republican Governor (2005-2007); elected Senator 2008
- Pat Flynn (1) Former Republican Primary Challenger (2012) Nebraska
- Peter Ricketts (1) Nebraska Republican Governor
- Pope Francis (1) Leader of the Catholic Church
- Rush Limbaugh (1)
- Scott Kleeb (13) Former Democratic Challenger (2008) Nebraska
- Shane Osborn (1) Republican Senate Challenger Nebraska
- Steven Larrick (1) Green Senate Challenger (2008) Nebraska
- Tony Raimondo (8) Former Democratic Senate challenger (2008) Nebraska
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in The Omaha World-Herald:
- "Pope's Midnight Mass to start early to respect COVID curfew," by Nicole Winfield, Dec 10, 2020
- "Rush Limbaugh on coronavirus: 'The common cold' that's being 'weaponized'," by Allyson Chiu, Feb 25, 2020
- "Is centrism doomed? The cautionary tale of Howard Schultz," by Simon van Zuylen-Wood, Jun 29, 2019
- (On 2022 Nebraska Gubernatorial race): "Governor candidate Bob Krist says state should spend more on Nebraska job training," by Roseann Moring, Jul 19, 2018
- (On Deb Fischer & Jane Raybould): Omaha World-Herald on 2018 Nebraska Senate race, 8/26/2018
- (On Jane Raybould & Deb Fischer): Omaha World-Herald on 2018 Nebraska Senatorial campaign, 3/8/2018
- (On Bob Krist): Omaha World-Herald on 2018 Nebraska governor race, 2/13/2018
- (On Jane Raybould): Omaha World-Herald on 2018 Nebraska Senate race, 8/25/2017
- (On Ben Sasse & Dave Domina): Omaha World-Herald on 2014 Nebraska Senate debate, 6/2/2014
- (On Ben Sasse): Omaha World-Herald on 2014 Nebraska Senate debate, 1/29/2014
- (On Shane Osborn): Omaha World-Herald on 2014 Nebraska Senate debate, 1/29/2014
- (On Jon Bruning): Omaha World-Herald on 2012 Nebraska Senate debate, 4/12/2012
- (On Mike Johanns & Scott Kleeb): 2008 Nebraska Senate Debate reported in Omaha World-Herald, 10/7/2008
- (On Steven Larrick & Mike Johanns): 2008 Nebraska Senate debate reported in Omaha World-Herald, 9/16/2008
- (On Scott Kleeb): 2008 Nebraska Senate debate reported in Omaha World-Herald, 9/16/2008
- (On Scott Kleeb & Tony Raimondo): By Robynn Tysver, Omaha World-Herald, 5/4/2008
- (On Don Stenberg): Omaha World-Herald, September 22, 2000, 9/26/2000
- (On John Kasich): Omaha World-Herald, "Kasich Tours Iowa", 5/23/99, 5/23/1999
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bob Krist: I oppose abortion rights but otherwise would run as Democrat.
Scott Kleeb: Personally opposes abortion, but keep Roe v. Wade.
Tony Raimondo: Personally opposes abortion, but keep Roe v. Wade.
Budget & Economy|
Ben Sasse: OpEd: Criticized for giving up seat on Agriculture Committee.
Shane Osborn: Nation can grow out of fiscal woes by expanding the economy.
Mike Johanns: I’m the only candidate who’s actually dealt with the budget.
Scott Kleeb: Bush & Johanns created current failed policies.
Ben Sasse: Kids are best raised in a world with one mother & one father.
Dave Domina: Government should stay out of private matters like marriage.
Don Stenberg: Opposes “Sexual orientation protected by civil rights laws”.
Don Stenberg: Supports mandatory Three Strikes sentencing laws.
Don Stenberg: Supports the death penalty.
Jon Bruning: Requested an earmark to fund a drug-war program.
Don Stenberg: Supports Organized Prayer In Public Schools.
Energy & Oil|
Jane Raybould: Revoke tax breaks for oil & gas companies to pay for roads.
Jon Bruning: Coal is good, cheap energy.
Steven Larrick: Only candidate to oppose drilling in ANWR.
Deb Fischer: Ease regulations that affect Omaha sewer separation project.
Deb Fischer: Base gas tax on price, not volume, to pay for highways.
Don Stenberg: Opposes continuing Foreign Aid to Russia, Israel, & others.
Don Stenberg: Opposes linking Human Rights to trade with China.
Don Stenberg: Supports expanding Free Trade.
Ben Sasse: Reduce level of influence of lobbyists with both parties.
Jon Bruning: Political contributions ok from out-of-state coal companies.
Scott Kleeb: Johanns wastefully spent $20M studying crawdads in Australia.
Scott Kleeb: Earmarks have been abused.
Tony Raimondo: Earmarks help communities in need, but require transparency.
Deb Fischer: No proposals on high capacity magazines or background checks.
Jane Raybould: Renew the assault weapons ban; they are killing machines.
Don Stenberg: Opposed nominee for stripping Americans of gun rights.
John Kasich: Cool off before making new gun laws after Littleton.
John Kasich: More parenting better than more gun laws.
Pope Francis: COVID: Midnight Mass at 7:30 to comply with curfew.
Rush Limbaugh: The coronavirus is the common cold, weaponized against Trump.
Jane Raybould: Reform ObamaCare; look at single-payer.
Dave Domina: There are good features in ObamaCare, like age-26 insurance.
Jon Bruning: Signed lawsuit opposing ObamaCare.
Mike Johanns: Didn’t phase out adult mental health care services.
Mike Johanns: Giving all taxpayers federal coverage would cost $480B.
Scott Kleeb: Shouldn’t phase out adult mental health care services.
Scott Kleeb: Give all taxpayers access to federal coverage like Congress.
Mike Johanns: Alternative community hospitals got 9000 more people treated.
Scott Kleeb: Alternative community treatment not adequately funded.
Scott Kleeb: Supports universal health-care system.
Tony Raimondo: Opposes universal health-care & mandated insurance.
Bob Krist: Supports prenatal care for illegal immigrants.
Scott Kleeb: Not feasible to deport 12 million illegal immigrants.
Tony Raimondo: Secure the borders first.
Don Stenberg: Supports “Immigration helps our economy-encourage it”.
Bob Krist: Budget $25-35 million to prioritize job training.
Scott Kleeb: Develop alternative fuels and green-collar industries.
Tony Raimondo: Invest billions in nation’s infrastructure & job training.
Principles & Values|
Howard Schultz: GOP fiscally irresponsible, Democrats going socialist.
Deb Fischer: TV ad: "End the political bull".
Pat Flynn: I'm the only candidate who is not a "career politician".
Scott Kleeb: Emphasizes uniting people behind change.
Tony Raimondo: Emphasizes business experience as campaign credential.
Dave Domina: Keep promises made to the elderly.
Ben Sasse: Entitlement reform needed: guilty of generational theft.
Deb Fischer: No increase in local property taxes.
Scott Kleeb: Balance tax cuts with need to bring deficit under control.
Tony Raimondo: Continue most of President Bush’s tax cuts.
Deb Fischer: $21B for infrastructure, with funds from border customs.
Deb Fischer: Develop broadband via rural development matching grants.
Jane Raybould: Develop broadband via rural development matching grants.
Jane Raybould: Design infrastructure to withstand climate change flooding.
War & Peace|
Scott Kleeb: More diplomacy; start drawdown of troops now.
Tony Raimondo: Iraq war was a mistake; withdraw in 1 to 3 years.
Welfare & Poverty|
Bob Krist: Voted against $32M budget cuts to the needy.
Peter Ricketts: $56M of vetoes sustained, to cut budget.
Don Stenberg: Supports allowing churches to provide welfare services.
The above quotations are from Omaha (Nebraska) World-Herald.