Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles in U.S. News and World Report
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from U.S. News and World Report (number of quotes indicated):
- Anthony Kennedy (1) Republican Appointee to Supreme Court
- Antonin Scalia (1) Republican Appointee to Supreme Court (deceased 2016)
- Bill Bradley (2) Democratic Senator (Former) New Jersey
- Bill Dahlin (1) Wyoming Republican candidate for governor of Wyoming
- Bill Haslam (1) Tennessee Republican Governor
- Bill Lee (2) Tennessee Republican candidate for governor of Tennessee
- Clarence Thomas (1) Republican Appointee to Supreme Court
- Cynthia Nixon (1) New York Democratic candidate for governor of New York
- Dick Cheney (3) Former Republican Vice President
- Donald Trump (1) Republican Presidential candidate
- Elena Kagan (2) Democratic Appointee to Supreme Court
- Gary Johnson (1) New Mexico Libertarian Gubernatorial Challenger
- Gary Jones (1)
- George W. Bush (3) Republican
- James Emerson Smith (1) South Carolina Democratic candidate for governor
- Janet Mills (1) Maine Democratic candidate for Maine Governor
- Jeb Bush (1) Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- John Chiang (1) California Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- John McCain (1) Republican
- John Roberts (1) Republican Appointee to Supreme Court
- Jon Husted (2) Ohio Republican candidate for Ohio Governor
- Karl Dean (1) Tennessee Democratic candidate for Governor
- Lee Bright (1) Republican Challenger South Carolina
- Lindsey Graham (2) South Carolina S.C. Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mick Rich (2) Republican candidate for New Mexico U.S. Senator New Mexico
- Nan Whaley (1) Ohio Democratic candidate for Ohio Governor
- Nancy Mace (1) Republican Senate challenger South Carolina
- Patrick Morrisey (1) Republican candidate for West Virginia U.S. Senator West Virginia
- Ralph Nader (1) Green
- Rudy Giuliani (3) New York Former Mayor of NYC
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg (1) Democratic Appointee to Supreme Court
- Samuel Alito (1) Republican Appointee to Supreme Court
- Shenna Bellows (1) Democratic Challenger
- Sonia Sotomayor (2) Democratic Appointee to Supreme Court
- Stephen Breyer (1) Democratic Appointee to Supreme Court
- Steve Pearce (1) New Mexico Republican candidate for New Mexico Governor
- Susan Collins (1) Republican Sr Senator Maine
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in U.S. News and World Report:
- (On Bill Dahlin): US News & World Report on 2018 Wyoming gubernatorial race, 6/11/2018
- (On Cynthia Nixon): U.S. News & World Report on 2018 New York gubernatorial race, 4/4/2018
- (On Bill Haslam & Karl Dean): U.S. News & World Report on 2018 Tennessee governor debate, 1/23/2018
- (On Patrick Morrisey): US News & World Report on 2018 W.V. Senate race, 10/3/2017
- (On James Emerson Smith): US News & World Report on 2018 South Carolina Governor race, 10/2/2017
- (On Janet Mills): U.S. News & World Report on 2018 Maine Gubernatorial race, 9/20/2017
- (On Steve Pearce): US News & World Report on 2018 New Mexico gubernatorial race, 8/1/2017
- (On Nan Whaley): US News & World Report on 2018 Ohio Gubernatorial race, 7/24/2017
- (On Jon Husted): US News & World Report on 2018 Ohio gubernatorial race, 5/23 & 5/24/2017
- (On Gary Jones): US News and World Report on 2018 Oklahoma Governor race, 5/8/2017
- (On Bill Lee): US News & World Report on 2018 Tennessee gubernatorial race, 4/23/2017
- (On Mick Rich): US News & World Report on 2018 New Mexico Senate race, 4/19/2017
- (On John Chiang): US News & World Report on 2018 California gubernatorial race, 4/4/2017
- (On Donald Trump): U.S.News & World Report on First 2016 Presidential Debate, 9/27/2016
- (On Clarence Thomas, Anthony Kennedy & others): US News&World Report on 2015 SCOTUS decision King v. Burwell, 6/25/2015
- (On 2020 presidential hopefuls):¬†"Congress 'Endorses' Warrantless Collection, Storage of U.S. Communications," by Steven Nelson, Dec. 11, 2014
- (On Shenna Bellows & Susan Collins): U.S.News & World Report on 2014 Maine Senate race, 2/27/2014
- (On Lee Bright, Lindsey Graham & Nancy Mace): US News & World Report on 2014 South Carolina Senate race, 9/5/2013
- (On Gary Johnson): US News and World Report, "Presidential Debates", 9/24/2012
- (On Jeb Bush): Paul Bedard in US News and World Report, "Jeb Leads Fight", 4/28/2010
- (On Elena Kagan & John Roberts): Josh Gottheimer in US News & World Report, "5 Reasons", 4/9/2010
- (On Sonia Sotomayor): Zach Miners in US News & World Report, 6/11/2009
- (On Rudy Giuliani): Interview in US News & World Report, "Homeowner Bailout", 8/27/2007
- (On Ralph Nader): U.S. News & World Report, 10/25/2000
- (On George W. Bush & John McCain): US News & World Report, p. 23-26, 1/17/2000
- (On George W. Bush & Bill Bradley): US News & World Report, p. 32-36, 10/18/1999
- (On Dick Cheney): US News & World Report, 7/11/1999
- (On George W. Bush): US News & World Report, pp. 18-19, 6/7/1999
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Janet Mills: No comment on lawsuit to expand abortion access.
Dick Cheney: Against abortion rights.
Budget & Economy|
Gary Jones: Cut budget without losing core services.
Donald Trump: FactCheck: Fed keeps interest rates low, but apolitically.
Dick Cheney: Supported Balanced Budget Amendment.
Anthony Kennedy: Concurred on allowing federal ObamaCare subsidies.
Elena Kagan: Concurred on allowing federal ObamaCare subsidies.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Concurred on allowing federal ObamaCare subsidies.
Sonia Sotomayor: Concurred on allowing federal ObamaCare subsidies.
Stephen Breyer: Concurred on allowing federal ObamaCare subsidies.
Rudy Giuliani: Low corporate tax rates encourage business locating in US.
Patrick Morrisey: $1M more for state police drug testing in criminal cases.
Bill Lee: Men of Valor: re-entry program for former offenders.
John Chiang: Education & anti-poverty to fight crime.
George W. Bush: Proper age for death penalty is 17.
Bill Dahlin: Industrial hemp could help Wyoming farmers profit.
Mick Rich: Ending illegal drugs crossing the border will be #1 priority.
James Emerson Smith: Led fight against vouchers.
Sonia Sotomayor: Often supports local school districts in her rulings.
Dick Cheney: Supports school prayer.
Cynthia Nixon: Outraged over slow response to village's contaminated water.
Mick Rich: Wants commercial use of natural resources on federal lands.
Jon Husted: States should police elections, not Feds.
Gary Johnson: Sues to attempt to participate in presidential debate.
Elena Kagan: Aggressive advocate for campaign finance reform.
John Roberts: Campaign finance reform should not limit political spending.
Steve Pearce: Allow concealed guns across state lines.
Jon Husted: Endorsed by gun group, supports "right to protect".
Nan Whaley: Medicaid crucial to helping addicts; don't throw people off.
Antonin Scalia: ObamaCare "state exchanges" cannot be federal exchanges.
Clarence Thomas: Concurs that ObamaCare "state exchanges" cannot be federal.
Samuel Alito: Concurs that ObamaCare "state exchanges" cannot be federal.
John McCain: Higher taxes on cigarettes.
Bill Bradley: Alter tax code to make health insurance more affordable.
Shenna Bellows: NSA should target only based on individualized suspicion.
Susan Collins: Increase transparency of NSA but keep NSA programs.
Bill Haslam: College tuition break for in-state undocumented immigrants.
Karl Dean: Immigrants are part of community; college tuition break ok.
Jeb Bush: Pray for Comprehensive Immigration Reform, not AZ law.
Principles & Values|
Bill Lee: Faith would influence my decisions as governor.
Ralph Nader: Goal is 5% of vote, to qualify Greens as a recognized party.
Bill Bradley: Emphasizes positions on left.
George W. Bush: Oil-town upbringing bred Ďcompassionate conservatismí.
Rudy Giuliani: Trust me on Social Security reform, but no details yet.
Rudy Giuliani: Letting Bush tax cuts expire means economy would decline.
George W. Bush: Donít balance the budget on the backs of the poor.
War & Peace|
Lee Bright: Intervention in Syria would help the Muslim Brotherhood.
Lindsey Graham: Intervention in Syria to degrade Assad's chemical weapons.
Lindsey Graham: Getting Syria wrong leads to Iranian nukes & war with Israel.
Nancy Mace: Intervention in Syria would bolster al-Qaida.
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles in U.S. News and World Report.