Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of WA political races in The Seattle Times
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Seattle Times (number of quotes indicated):
- Betsy DeVos (4) Education
- Bill Bryant (2) Washington Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- Bruce Guthrie (2) Libertarian Challenger (2006) Washington
- Chris Vance (5) Republican Senate challenger Washington
- Dino Rossi (6) Republican Challenger (2010) Washington
- George Nethercutt (1) 2004 former Republican challenger; US Representative Washington
- Jay Inslee (2) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- Joe Biden (2) Democratic V.P.
- Josh Hawley (1) Republican candidate for Missouri U.S. Senator Missouri
- Knute Buehler (1) Oregon Republican candidate for governor
- Loren Culp (2) Washington Republican Governor Challenger
- Lori Swanson (1) Minnesota Democratic candidate for governor of Minnesota
- Maria Cantwell (10) Democratic Jr Senator Washington
- Michael Baumgartner (6) Republican Challenger Washington
- Mike McGavick (2) Republican challenger (2006) Washington
- Nikema Williams (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Georgia-5
- Patty Murray (6) Democratic Sr Senator Washington
- Phil Fortunato (2) Washington Republican challenger for Governor
- Susan Hutchison (1) Republican candidate for Washington U. S. Senator Washington
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from the Seattle Times:
- (On 2020_WA_Gov): "Gov. Inslee and Loren Culp debate crime, coronavirus and climate in Washington gubernatorial debate," by David Gutman, Oct. 7, 2020
- (On Betsy DeVos): Seattle Times' Asia Fields on 2018 Trump Administration, 9/29/2018
- (On Lori Swanson): Seattle Times on 2018 Minnesota Gubernatorial race, 6/19/2018
- On GA-5: Seattle Times, "Pro-gun Georgia lawmakers punish Delta for crossing the NRA," by R.J. Rico and Ben Nadler, 3/1/2018
- (On Knute Buehler): Seattle Times on 2018 Oregon Governor race, 2/6/2018
- (On Josh Hawley): The Seattle Times on 2018 Missouri Senate race, 12/11/2017
- (On Betsy DeVos): Seattle Times' Maria Danilova on 2018 Trump Administration, 9/22/2017
- (On Bill Bryant): Seattle Times on 2016 Washington Gubernatorial debate, 8/12/2016
- (On Chris Vance): Seattle Times on 2016 Washington Senate race, 7/23/2016
- (On Jay Inslee): Seattle Times on Oregon voting record for Senate Bill 6206, 3/11/2016
- (On Chris Vance): The Seattle Times on 2016 Washington Senate race, 9/8/2015
- (On Bill Bryant): Seattle Times on 2016 Washington gubernatorial race, 5/14/2015
- (On Michael Baumgartner & Maria Cantwell): The Seattle Times on 2012 WA Senate debate, 10/12/2012
- (On Michael Baumgartner): Seattle Times on 2012 WA Senate debate, 9/15/2012
- (On Dino Rossi & Patty Murray): Seattle Times coverage of 2010 WA Senate debate, 10/17/2010
- (On Dino Rossi & Patty Murray): Seattle Times coverage of 2010 WA Senate debate, 9/15/2010
- (On Susan Hutchison): Seattle Times on 2018 Washington Senate race, 10/23/2009
- (On Bruce Guthrie, Maria Cantwell & Mike McGavick): Washington Senate Debate hosted by KING-5 & Seattle Times, 10/17/2006
- (On Maria Cantwell): The Seattle Times, September 5 & September 10, 2000
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Chris Vance: Keep existing Washington state law on abortion rights.
Budget & Economy|
Chris Vance: Deficit-reduction plan like Simpson-Bowles commission.
Dino Rossi: Big government is cause of current crisis, not its solution.
Patty Murray: Government action needed to fix damage done by Wall Street.
Betsy DeVos: Rescind "weaponized" use of sexual misconduct accusations.
Phil Fortunato: Only "criminal homeless" should be incarcerated.
Betsy DeVos: Require cross-examination of victims of sexual harassment.
Chris Vance: Keep existing Washington state law on legal marijuana.
Jay Inslee: Pilot program for growing industrial hemp.
Michael Baumgartner: Advised counternarcotics team in Afghanistan.
Betsy DeVos: Obama campus sexual assault standard was ineffective mandate.
Jay Inslee: Reverse transfer credits toward associate degrees.
Maria Cantwell: Opposes parents choosing schools via vouchers.
Energy & Oil|
Loren Culp: Climate change: get the bureaucrats out of the way.
Bill Bryant: Supported leasing oil drilling port for jobs benefit.
Bill Bryant: Allow oil rigs through Port of Seattle for Arctic drilling.
Maria Cantwell: Climate change is happening but unclear if manmade.
Michael Baumgartner: One-cent gas tax to pay for veterans' services.
Michael Baumgartner: Climate change is happening but unclear if manmade.
Families & Children|
Betsy DeVos: OpEd: Stricter rules for sexual harassment mean some ignored.
Knute Buehler: Create a "rapid-improvement team" for foster care.
Michael Baumgartner: Served as lead strategic-policy coordinator in Baghdad.
Joe Biden: Push for agreements that don't hurt consumers or business.
Maria Cantwell: Voted for NAFTA; favors China PNTR.
Dino Rossi: Call to halt earmarks; that's what's wrong with D.C.
Patty Murray: Halting earmarks shortchanges important state projects.
Phil Fortunato: Displayed sidearm while speaking on 2nd Amendment.
Nikema Williams: Supports Delta's decision not to give NRA members discounts.
Dino Rossi: ObamaCare will require hordes of IRS agents to administer.
Patty Murray: ObamaCare provides money to train future family physicians.
George Nethercutt: Limit malpractice judgments against OB/GYNs.
Josh Hawley: Provide veterans with free legal help.
Lori Swanson: Joined forces to fight against Trump's zero tolerance policy.
Dino Rossi: Secure the border, then decide on kids of illegal immigrants.
Patty Murray: Give kids of illegal immigrants a chance to be citizens.
Principles & Values|
Dino Rossi: Murray is shortchanging voters with 2 debates instead of 6.
Patty Murray: Long history of limiting debates with her challengers.
Susan Hutchison: Defines herself by her values, starting with love of country.
Maria Cantwell: Voted for Kerry in 2004; he matched Northwest values.
Chris Vance: Increase retirement age; change benefit programs.
Dino Rossi: No comment on raising retirement age or other changes, yet.
Patty Murray: No comment on raising retirement age or other changes, yet.
Bruce Guthrie: Personal accounts if under 25; opt-out if under 50.
Maria Cantwell: Tax cut on $1.2M earners would keep system solvent 75 years.
Maria Cantwell: Keep progressivity and guaranteed benefit.
Mike McGavick: Personal accounts for younger workers, but not privatized.
Maria Cantwell: Opposes privatizing Social Security.
Loren Culp: No tax increase: cut anything with the word "study" in it.
Chris Vance: Tax increases on the wealthy Americans and a higher gas tax.
Maria Cantwell: Opposes making income tax flatter & lower.
War & Peace|
Joe Biden: End "forever wars" in Afghanistan & Middle East.
Maria Cantwell: Leave Afghanistan in 2014 as planned.
Michael Baumgartner: Leave Afghanistan now & use funds domestically.
Michael Baumgartner: We're wasting resources on democracy-building in Afghanistan.
Bruce Guthrie: Iraq is in civil war; bring the troops home.
Maria Cantwell: Change the course in Iraq; we can’t stay indefinitely.
Mike McGavick: Cannot give Iraq to the terrorists or they’ll follow us here.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of WA political races in The Seattle Times.