Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Minutemen: The Battle to Secure America's Borders,
by Jim Gilchrist, Jerome R. Corsi; foreword by Congressman Tom Tancredo, July 2006
(Click for Amazon book review)
BOOK REVIEW by OnTheIssues.org:
This book is an anti-McCain and anti-Bush anti-immgration screed, written just prior to the start of the 2008 election cycle (published 2006). Jerome Corsi, the author, also penned The Obama Nation as his anti-Obama screed of this election cycle. Corsi most famously authored “Unfit For Command” – the Swift Boat book which destroyed John Kerry’s 2004 election hopes.
Corsi teams up in “Minutemen” with the founder of the Minutemen, Jim Gilchrist. The Minutemen are a volunteer organization dedicated to enforcing existing border laws. Opponents characterize them as vigilantes; supporters characterize them as fulfilling the duty that the federal border patrol cannot or will not fulfill.
The Minutemen, and this book, do not like Pres. Bush’s immigration policy, characterizing it as “amnesty.” They consider John McCain to be the main proponent of this policy in the Senate, and hence they don’t like McCain for president either. Their preferred presidential candidate is Rep. Tom Tancredo (R, CO-6) who dropped out early in 2008 after making his point about immigration (and who also wrote a foreword to this book).
This book lays out the anti-immigration viewpoint in detail, from Reagan’s 1980s “amnesty” to the present. In 2006, immigration seemed likely to be the key issue of the 2008 election cycle. It turned out not to be so important because the Iraq war and the later financial crisis overshadowed it. Perhaps it will return as a more important issue again in 2010.
-- Jesse Gordon, jesse@OnTheIssues.org, January 2009
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
George W. Bush: 2006: National Anthem sung only in English, not in Spanish.
George W. Bush: 2006: Asked Mexican president to overturn drug legalization.
George W. Bush: OpEd: Globalist perspective supports NAFTA immigration.
Arnold Schwarzenegger: No emergency at CA border, like TX, NM & AZ declared.
George W. Bush: Minuteman Project are vigilantes.
George W. Bush: Letter from Catholic Church: Don't make priests enforcers.
Jim Sensenbrenner: Introduced HR.4437 to ban church services to illegals.
John McCain: McCain-Kennedy bill: balanced alternative to HR.4437.
Lyndon Johnson: OpEd: Immigration Reform Act of 1965 led to current crisis.
Ronald Reagan: OpEd: 1986 "adjustment" used as basis for 2006 amnesty.
Ted Kennedy: OpEd: Started immigration crisis with Reform Act of 1965.
Ted Kennedy: McCain-Kennedy bill: bipartisan alternative to HR.4437.
Tom Tancredo: Minuteman Project fills Border Patrol's inadequate resources.
Tom Tancredo: Influential in founding The Minuteman Project.
Tom Tancredo: US should not tip off Mexico about Minutemen activity.
George W. Bush: 2006: There are jobs that Americans won't do.
Principles & Values|
George W. Bush: 2004: Won 44% of Hispanic vote; key to victory over Kerry.
The above quotations are from Minutemen: The Battle to Secure America's Borders,
by Jim Gilchrist, Jerome R. Corsi; foreword by Congressman Tom Tancredo, July 2006.
Related books, debates, and candidates:
- Bloomberg by Bloomberg, by Mike Bloomberg
- Bloomberg: Money, Power, and Politics: Mike Bloomberg biography
- From Power to Purpose: A Remarkable Journey of Faith and Compassion, by Sam Brownback
- Our Character, Our Future, by Alan Keyes
- McCain: The Myth of a Maverick, by Matt Welch
- Mortal Danger, by Tom Tancredo
- A Mormon in the White House? 10 Things Every American Should Know about Mitt Romney, by Hugh Hewitt
- Mitt Romney: The Man, His Values and His Vision, by Lisa Ray Turner and Kimberly Field
- Leadership, by Rudy Giuliani
- From Hope to Higher Ground, by Mike Huckabee
- Building a Healthy Culture, foreword by Sen. Sam Brownback
- Gold, Peace, and Prosperity: The Birth of a New Currency, by Ron Paul
- The Full Rudy: The Man, the Myth, the Mania, by Jack Newfield
- Freedom Under Siege: The US Constitution After 200-Plus Years, by Ron Paul
- The Fred Factor, by Steve Gill
- Giuliani: Flawed or Flawless? by Deborah & Gerald Strober
- Character Makes a Difference: Where I'm From, Where I've Been, and What I Believe, by Mike Huckabee
- Government at the Brink: The Root Causes of Government Waste and Mismanagement, by Fred Thompson
- America's Mayor, America's President?, by Robert Polner
- Every Other Monday, by Rep. John Kasich