(Republican (retiring 2014), district 3)
On the issues>>
Contact Jon Runyan
Take the Quiz!
Huffington Post Quiz
Use a Selector
2020 Senate Races|
Senate incumbents |
SenateMatch (matching quiz)
Senate Votes (analysis)
2017 House special elections
(The following members of the 115th Congress are resigning to take Cabinet positions):
(Candidate quotations organized by topic)|
Social Networking sites for OnTheIssues:
On The Issues
Promote Your Page Too
Our associated Yahoo discussion group
Our iPhone App
iPhone App with ads (free)
Our iPhone App
Same App without ads ($1.99)
(Organized by topic)
(Organized by candidate)
(Most recent quotations)
(Summary by topic)
(Debate and book excerpts)
(Presidential Selector and Political Affiliation 20-question quiz)
(Your views on the candidates and the issues)
(Other viewers' letters)
(Your feedback to us)
Survey of 2010 House campaign websites
(click a picture above for excerpts or other books and debates by or about Jon_Runyan)
Jon Runyan on Budget & Economy
Click here for 6 full quotes on Budget & Economy
OR background on Budget & Economy.
- Voted YES on prioritizing spending in case debt limit is reached. (May 2013)
- Voted YES on terminating the Home Affordable mortgage Program. (Mar 2011)
- Demand a Balanced Budget amendment. (Jul 2010)
- Limit federal spending growth to per-capita inflation rate. (Jul 2010)
- Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the US Constitution. (Jan 2011)
- Audit the Federal Reserve & its actions on mortgage loans. (Jan 2013)
Jon Runyan on Corporations
Click here for 4 full quotes on Corporations
OR background on Corporations.
- Reduce the corporate tax rate to 25%. (Nov 2010)
- Voted NO on workforce training by state block grants & industry partners. (Mar 2013)
- Repeal ObamaCare reporting requirements for small business. (Jan 2011)
- Rated 57% by UFCW, indicating a mixed management/labor voting record. (May 2012)
Jon Runyan on Drugs
Click here for background on Drugs.
No issue stance yet recorded by OnTheIssues.org.
Jon Runyan on Energy & Oil
Click here for 6 full quotes on Energy & Oil
OR background on Energy & Oil.
- Focus on affordable energy, not cap-and-trade. (Nov 2010)
- Voted NO on opening Outer Continental Shelf to oil drilling. (May 2011)
- Voted YES on barring EPA from regulating greenhouse gases. (Apr 2011)
- Signed the No Climate Tax Pledge by AFP. (Nov 2010)
- Cap-and-trade has no impact on global temperatures. (Jul 2010)
- Explore proven energy reserves & keep energy prices low. (Jul 2010)
Jon Runyan on Environment
Click here for 3 full quotes on Environment
OR background on Environment.
- Regulate all dog breeders down to kennels of 50 dogs. (Feb 2011)
- Member of House Natural Resources Committee. (Mar 2011)
- Rated 50% by HSLF, indicating a mixed voting record on animal welfare. (Jan 2012)
Jon Runyan on Foreign Policy
Click here for 3 full quotes on Foreign Policy
OR background on Foreign Policy.
- Withhold UN funding until voluntary and program-specific. (Aug 2011)
- Rated -5 by AAI, indicating a anti-Arab anti-Palestine voting record. (May 2012)
- Condemn China's organ harvesting from Falun Gong prisoners. (Aug 2013)
Jon Runyan on Government Reform
Click here for 5 full quotes on Government Reform
OR background on Government Reform.
- Pledges to self-term-limit to 8 years in House. (Nov 2010)
- Identify constitutionality in every new congressional bill. (Jul 2010)
- Audit federal agencies, to reform or eliminate them. (Jul 2010)
- Moratorium on all earmarks until budget is balanced. (Jul 2010)
- Ban stock trading based on Congressional insider knowledge. (Nov 2011)
Jon Runyan on Gun Control
Click here for 3 full quotes on Gun Control
OR background on Gun Control.
- Always stand up for the rights of hunters & shooters. (Nov 2010)
- Opposes restricting gun purchase & possession. (Nov 2010)
- Allow veterans to register unlicensed guns acquired abroad. (May 2011)
Jon Runyan on Health Care
Click here for 8 full quotes on Health Care
OR background on Health Care.
- Market-driven solutions, not big government takeover. (Nov 2010)
- Voted YES on the Ryan Budget: Medicare choice, tax & spending cuts. (Apr 2011)
- Voted YES on repealing the "Prevention and Public Health" slush fund. (Apr 2011)
- Defund, repeal, & replace federal care with free market. (Jul 2010)
- Opposes public option for health insurance. (Nov 2010)
- Repeal the Job-Killing Health Care Law. (Jan 2011)
- Increase funding for occupational & physical therapy. (Apr 2011)
- Sponsored merging Alzheimers diagnosis and care benefit. (Apr 2013)
Jon Runyan on Homeland Security
Click here for 4 full quotes on Homeland Security
OR background on Homeland Security.
- Give military all needed tools; keep bases open. (Nov 2010)
- Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)
- Member of House Committee on Armed Services. (Mar 2011)
- Member of House Committee on Veterans' Affairs. (Mar 2011)
Jon Runyan on Jobs
Click here for 2 full quotes on Jobs
OR background on Jobs.
- Voted NO on allowing compensatory time off for working overtime. (Apr 2013)
- Rated 33% by CEI, indicating a pro-worker rights voting record. (May 2012)
Jon Runyan on Tax Reform
Click here for 4 full quotes on Tax Reform
OR background on Tax Reform.
- Cut marginal tax rates across the board by 15%. (Nov 2010)
- Adopt a single-rate tax system. (Jul 2010)
- Repeal tax hikes in capital gains and death tax. (Jul 2010)
- Supports the Taxpayer Protection Pledge. (Jan 2012)
Jon Runyan on War & Peace
Click here for 5 full quotes on War & Peace
OR background on War & Peace.
- Fight against radical Islamic extremists as War on Terror. (Nov 2010)
- Voted YES on banning armed forces in Libya without Congressional approval. (Jun 2011)
- Voted NO on removing US armed forces from Afghanistan. (Mar 2011)
- Boycott & sanctions against Iran for terrorism & nukes. (May 2011)
- Iranian nuclear weapons: prevention instead of containment. (Mar 2012)