This page lists memberships in organizations, for elected officials.
Each organization determines its own rules for membership.
Decided Mar 2, 2011
Membership Roster: of the House Committee on Armed Services
Source: U.S. House of Representatives website, www.house.gov
United States House Committee on Armed Services retains exclusive jurisdiction for: defense policy generally, ongoing military operations, the organization and reform of the Department of Defense and Department of Energy, counter-drug programs, acquisition and industrial base policy, technology transfer and export controls, joint interoperability, the Cooperative Threat Reduction program, Department of Energy nonproliferation programs, and detainee affairs and policy.
The Committee on Armed Services maintains six permanent subcommittees, an Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee, and a Defense Acquisition Reform Panel. Each of the subcommittees have differing jurisdictions, which overlap on key issues, but all are dedicated to providing for the men and women of America's Armed Forces and the nation's common defense. The subcommittees are:
- Tactical Air and Land Forces
- Military Personnel
- Oversight & Investigations
- Seapower & Projection Forces
- Strategic Forces
- Emerging Threats & Capabilities
- Topic: Homeland Security
- Headline: Member of House Committee on Armed Services
- Headline 2: Chair of House Committee on Armed Services
- Headline 3: Leader of House Committee on Armed Services
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 11-HC-AS
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: