This page contains bill sponsorships in the Senate and House.
Bill sponsorships indicate the topics that legislators are most interested in, and spend the most time on.
Decided Oct 19, 1998
Bill Sponsorship: the Year 2000 Information and Readiness Disclosure Act
Source: Bill sponsored by 32 Senators and 11 Reps
An act to encourage the disclosure and exchange of information about computer processing problems, solutions, test practices and test results, and related matters in connection with the transition to the year 2000.
Provides that no Year 2000 (Y2K problem) readiness disclosure (a statement concerning Year 2000 computer compliance information) shall be admissible in any civil action arising under Federal or State law against the maker of the disclosure to prove the accuracy or truth of any year 2000 statement in such disclosure, except: (1) as the basis for a claim for anticipatory breach or repudiation or a similar claim against the maker; and (2) when a court determines that the maker's disclosure amounts to bad faith or fraud or is otherwise unreasonable.
Corresponding House bill is H.R.4455. Became Public Law No: 105-271.
- Topic: Technology
- Headline: Let companies share Y2K plans with no risk of lawsuits
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 98-S2392
||s1o||CA 2010 Republican Challenger (lost primary)|| |
||s1o||POTUS Constitution Party Challenger|| |
||s1o||LA 2004 former Democratic challenger; US Representative|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: